Superbrace

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Forum sponsor Superbrace ran a competition recently with the prize being one of their fork braces for the CB1100. I won it. Disgruntled members of the forum have claimed all sorts of skulduggery. Not on my part; I can't speak for theirs.

Late last week the shiny Superbrace turned up in the post. This morning I finally had time to fit it. It's always a bit of fun venturing into the Cormanus workshop (so-called) where improvisation is the name of the game and it's never clear that the right tool will be available. In spite of today being no exception, I can say that the Superbrace is easy to install, even for a clutz like me. If it took a little more than the promised 15 minutes, it was because I had to find and watch the teaching video on the forum.

Once on it looks good and like a bit of OEM gear.





I've had a certain anxiety about this moment of truth, because I'm no Freddie Spencer and I've not been sure that I was going to detect any difference once I put the Superbrace on. I haven't had any trouble with the front end and probably would not have bought a fork brace. Anyway, I put on my newly repaired mesh jacket (a welcome bit of gear in the unseasonable spring heat) and went for a quick ride along one of my favourite local roads to try it out.

To my surprise, I can feel a difference. The front of the bike seems different. Firmer, stiffer—I'm not sure what the right word is, but the steering feels more positive to me. Maybe it's my imagination, but some of the right-handers felt a wee bit easier and a couple of bumps didn't seem quite as disconcerting as they have in the past.

Thanks heaps to the guys at Superbrace for the great prize and for the obvious work that's gone into this product. I'll certainly be leaving it on the CB and hope to travel many happy kilometres with it.
 
Good looking piece of equipment. Looking forward to a long term report. I had one on a 750 Nighthawk and it took out a small shimmy I had in the front end. I was happy with what it provided.

Congrats again Cormanus and thanks again to forum sponsor Superbrace!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for that, Spaceman. I shall go a hunting.
 
Very cool - congrats on the win!
Oddly, this is the very first accessory I bought for mine, and it's the only item still sitting in the garage, never installed. Not sure why, I just haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. :blush:
 
I installed one on mine. I got one of the first ones produced. I am sure it makes a difference in the handling. At least I am convinced it does.
 
Thread starter
I've had a chance of a couple more decent rides with the SuperBrace. Like 1100rider, I'm convinced in makes a difference. I felt the bike felt slightly more solid at speed and the handling seems improved to me.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, Rboe. When I lay hands on some of the gear Spaceman suggested. I'll take it off. I'll take it for a ride without while I'm at it.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, Rocky.

Russ, I don't really want to be disagreeable, but why? There's been oodles written on this forum and by the Honda propaganda machine about the extraordinary design effort that went into this bike. Honda's even made the EX/DLX headers from a different material so they won't look like mine.

I'm forced to the conclusion that Honda wanted them to look the way they do. Who am I to argue with that. Particularly when it gets in the way of riding!
 
Only downside is that given the mounting point, you can't have a Superbrace and fork boots. Sorry, but the nostalgia of my boots wins out, for me!
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Only downside is that given the mounting point, you can't have a Superbrace and fork boots. Sorry, but the nostalgia of my boots wins out, for me!
Superbrace was supposedly working on a version that works with fork books. Someone might want to drop them a message.
 
Cormanus, I think your headers look outstanding!
In other words, they look just like mine,,,,,
 
Ole_imp said:
Cormanus, I think your headers look outstanding!
In other words, they look just like mine,,,,,
Yep. Our stainedheaders are the Lee Marvin style. The shiny ones more sort of Ashton Kutcher. :)

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Cormanus, I think your headers look outstanding!
In other words, they look just like mine,,,,,
Yep. Our stainedheaders are the Lee Marvin style. The shiny ones more sort of Ashton Kutcher. :)

Cheers
Lee Marvin style
I am liking that!
Here's mine when they were clean

8df306c543d9a3f46d6153e44f0f4277.jpg


bf1ac74ad1982f96aabea5eb6337f13f.jpg
 
Thread starter
Looking good Ole!
 
Back
Top