Superbowl Sunday Ride!

TINK_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Football, schmutball, not a fan of the sport...I know, it's un-American, so sue me. :dodgy:

Group of friends are getting together for a ride to Borrego Springs for lunch and then Julian for apple pie. :banana:

Best day of the year to go riding; while the rest of humanity jells out in front of the tube watching "the big game" on TV. :P

Full report to follow. :biker:

TINK
 
It's winter here. May go snowshoeing during the game if it snows as much as they predict. Glad you can get out on two wheels.

I happen to be a pretty big football fan, but you're not un-American for not enjoying it.
 
I like the idea of the "rest of humanity" 'jelling' out in front of the TV. I know the USA is a large and populous country, but there are a great many more people in the rest of the world who couldn't care less about the Superbowl. A small portion of humanity in one country (with a few hangers on elsewhere) may be jelling out; the rest of humanity will be doing all sorts of other things.
 
I'll be riding in the morning, probably watching some dvd's of the second season of CHiPS while the SuperBowl is on ;) everyone enjoy whatever it is you do today!
 
More snow on the way today in miserable Maryland. I cleared a 60 ft. path in my otherwise snowy yard just to give the CB a little exercise in 1st gear. Pretty lame I know but I didn't winterize the bike.

Meanwhile Mr. T sent me about $1600 worth of goodies to modify my new NC700X. Of course snow delayed delivery and I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up 2 boxes from the post office in Monday's freezing rain and ice.
 
I'd rather watch paint dry than watch football, whether the American version or any international game that uses a ball. Weather is lovely today so we're off for a ride. "Downton Abbey" on PBS with a cup of Earl Grey for a nightcap.
 
I am with the rest of you guys , never been a sports fan.
Can't stand to watch more the 15 seconds of it.
MTC glad to see you guys are getting the brunt of this this time,
we are not suppose to get any more then 8".
Hope you can get you door open:P
 
well we dodged a bullet. At first they predicted 9 to 12" of snow I think, then dropped it to 3-5" yesterday and luckily it all went north of us I guess. We ended up with 40 degrees and rain. Doubt I'll ride today but I'll take 40 degrees and rain over snow and I do have a snow blower. I enjoy NOT using it.

oh and I will be watching the Superbowl. Other than MotoGP, and European Motocross, pro football is the only sport I enjoy watching.
 
Tink, enjoy the day, if i could ride i think i would, unfortunately that's not the case so Superbowl it is today. Sit back in a warm living room with family and enjoy the game.
 
Went for a 35 mile midday ride today. Now enjoying chili cheese dogs in front of the tube with family watching the superbowl.:banana:
 
No ride for me today unfortunately, but enjoying the game with a cup of hot tea and some sweet and salty chex mix.
 
Thread starter
Great time riding the CB1100 with my friends today to Borrego Springs for lunch. Epic ride over Ortega Hwy, Mesa Grande Road, and S22.



TINK
 
Oh man, it looks so NICE there. Color me envious
 
Beautiful, Tink.
 
Nice pic! Like Ferret, I was glad the supposed deluge of snow didn't appear. I watched the game with the usual disinterest. College football is more my thing. Go Bucks!
 
Back
Top