Summer 2021 Adventure

We took US 50 across KS, CO, UT....worked well for traffic and speed (65-70mph) Just make sure you stay topped off on of fuel......several sections of 100+ miles with no services.

We did 450 miles/day many days....tried to be AIS at 6:30 am....with any stops still didn't get to hotel before 5ish.

100 + miles...break....100+ lunch....100+ break....100+ hotel.

Good luck and safe travels!
 
Thread starter
Started my 2021 moto trip Saturday at 7pm … made it to Henderson Nevada at midnight… it was 109 degrees in Baker CA (Mojave Desert) at 10pm when I stopped for gas
39b57dbfa6a8fc7fb278df7f1478417e.png
. Thanks Mark Sedillo for giving me a place to crash plus all the cold “fluids”. Started day 2 at 6:30am and made it to Parachute CO. What a flamin hot day it was! Ride on I-70 did offer all those endless geological wonders to look at! OBW … I have YouTube channel now… “San Diego Moto Bill”. I am posting videos and slideshows to that rather than here.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChSVw4Sqx2iSeWuqXR1_iiw
Here our a couple day 1 pics in Baker CA.
f12a9af4113ce41bfc023fde5bb813b7.jpg

59ae10403b62c456192508bf2e022e18.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
bflint, I shall check out your channel, sounds like a great start. Did you set your rear preload to max? If not you would do well to try and offset that load. If steering is a little reluctant you could also drop the front preload right off anticlockwise to get the front a little lower. My guess is you have already done this so don't mind me.
 
So far, so good! It's gonna be fun following along on YouTube! :thumbsup:

Keep a close eye on your tires in that heat! :biker:
 
Congrats on #39 Bill. Get them at every opportunity because going back to get the ones you missed is hard and expensive lol.

I nabbed # 43 last week thanks to Empty Sea lending me his bike to ride in S Dakota. Still need N Dakota and wondering if it will ever happen. Long way from here to there just to pick up one state. The other 4 I need are all on the east coast.

Keep riding safe!
 
bflint_imp said:
Yesterday I Finished days 3 & 4 of my moto trip. In Des Moines Iowa last tonight. In Iowa City tonight. TodaY did up and back to Minnesota… #39 of 48.
d76ecd1c33f7f392d5cb0ef05a7612d6.png
As usual, slide show is at San Diego Moto Bill
62a7afad360a86d39d010ca7bd078421.png


https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChSVw4Sqx2iSeWuqXR1_iiw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see I-70 in Colorado is still full of giant potholes. Great twisty drive with incredible views though. It’s great that you are racking the miles up and still able to put together a recap. Very cool!

Btw, what song is that on the day 3-4 video? I really like it.
 
Whoops_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Yesterday I Finished days 3 & 4 of my moto trip. In Des Moines Iowa last tonight. In Iowa City tonight. TodaY did up and back to Minnesota… #39 of 48.
d76ecd1c33f7f392d5cb0ef05a7612d6.png
As usual, slide show is at San Diego Moto Bill
62a7afad360a86d39d010ca7bd078421.png


https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChSVw4Sqx2iSeWuqXR1_iiw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see I-70 in Colorado is still full of giant potholes. Great twisty drive with incredible views though. It’s great that you are racking the miles up and still able to put together a recap. Very cool!

Btw, what song is that on the day 3-4 video? I really like it.
I see I-70 in Colorado is still full of giant potholes. Great twisty drive with incredible views though. It’s great that you are racking the miles up and still able to put together a recap. Very cool!

Btw, what song is that on the day 3-4 video? I really like it.

 
Since you are passing Wyoming already, I’d move the track a bit north, cut through little Bighorn and goto Cody.
On the way you’ll find gorgeous landscapes and zero red lights. This slows your trip a little down, but so what ... you’re not flying for a purpose.
How many continuous days of rain would make you return home, or seek refuge in an underground parking garage ?
 
Thread starter
Just finished up days 5,6,7,8 of 2021 moto trip through Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan. Local folks say this is most rain in this region in last 10 years…. Lucky me
977e21b04068128c73d5c07319c9e8ea.png
. Minnesota was #39 of 48 states I want to moto thru on this motorcycle. Chilled with friends and relatives In Michigan on days 7,8. Leaving for Buffalo NY (#40) today (Sunday). Me slide show at YouTube’s San Diego Moto Bill channel. Hopefully will have better pics/content from upcoming states.
489e7bf32bd35c96ee655cd75de05d48.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoops_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Yesterday I Finished days 3 & 4 of my moto trip. In Des Moines Iowa last tonight. In Iowa City tonight. TodaY did up and back to Minnesota… #39 of 48.
d76ecd1c33f7f392d5cb0ef05a7612d6.png
As usual, slide show is at San Diego Moto Bill
62a7afad360a86d39d010ca7bd078421.png


https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChSVw4Sqx2iSeWuqXR1_iiw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see I-70 in Colorado is still full of giant potholes. Great twisty drive with incredible views though. It’s great that you are racking the miles up and still able to put together a recap. Very cool!

Btw, what song is that on the day 3-4 video? I really like it.

It’s A Trip by Joywave


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats on #39 Bill. Get them at every opportunity because going back to get the ones you missed is hard and expensive lol.

I nabbed # 43 last week thanks to Empty Sea lending me his bike to ride in S Dakota. Still need N Dakota and wondering if it will ever happen. Long way from here to there just to pick up one state. The other 4 I need are all on the east coast.

Keep riding safe!

Congrats Mr Ferret. Do we have a rivalry going
3ec22c1615722317251676f28b773547.png
?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
hi bflint, wow what a trip you're on. congratulations on your grandchild and family back home. enjoy the ride! i'm enjoying your videos, so nice. :biker:
 
Back
Top