Haha...those are some very fun photos with wonderful smiles...riders having a great time enoying the company of like-minded CB1100 enthusiasts.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
EmptySea_imp said:All - Thanks for following along and your kind comments
On trips like this to and through unfamiliar areas, I’m often busy navigating or thinking about navigating and I forget to take photographs. Thank you, Ferret for filling in the blanks.
As to finding “gems” and avoiding u-turns: research and a great co-pilot are my secret weapons. I enjoy planning the routes on trips like this and I “virtually” ride as much of the route as possible via Google Street View in advance. I try to pick rest/fuel/meal/lodging stops based on how long we can ride before needing each one of those, but also the quality and/or value of those stops. So, I’ll try to pick a food stop with a view, one that features a local specialty, or one that has good online recommendations over the chain restaurant across the road because I think that adds value to the trip. While I prefer to take rest breaks at a park or other point if interest, sometimes the better value is to stretch and snack at a gas station. On this trip, the “World’s Largest” and Tour of Honor attractions were value-added rest stops and were worth the cost (in time) of a second nearby stop for fuel.
I pay as much attention to my Nav screen as I do to my mirrors and that keeps me generally on track, but my sweeper and life-partner also has the route in her phone and reminds me of upcoming turns/stops. I doubt I’d have arrived at our desired spot without a U-turn nearly as often without her assistance.
Unless you wish to visit Toronto, Ontario - I'd just avoid it ... kinda like Los Angeles reasoning.The ferret_imp said:GO have you ever ridden or been on the 401 between Toronto and Montreal?
Is it totally unfriendly for motorcycles?
Thought taking it to get to the upper eastern states.
I read it's the busiest in North America...500,000 per day...18-26 lanes wide in places.
Oops, I'm logged in Ferret because he logged in and Google saved his login.
Sorry Ferret.
:rofl:The ferret_imp said:GO have you ever ridden or been on the 401 between Toronto and Montreal?
Is it totally unfriendly for motorcycles?
Thought taking it to get to the upper eastern states.
I read it's the busiest in North America...500,000 per day...18-26 lanes wide in places.
Oops, I'm logged in Ferret because he logged in and Google saved his login.
Sorry Ferret.















