Greaseball_imp
New to the forum
Thread starter
I'm thinking of launching into a retro project (using Whitehouse parts) on a 2017 CB1100ex model.
In order to get the retro look that I'm after, the engine cases and cylinders would need to be silver, or natural aluminum, in color. The 2017 ex model has black engine cases and cylinders.
Does anyone here have experience in stripping the black finish off of these engines? As a last resort, I could paint a silver finish over the black finish, but I'd probably be setting myself up for paint flaking issues as the bike ages.
Any help from the forum would be appreciated.
In order to get the retro look that I'm after, the engine cases and cylinders would need to be silver, or natural aluminum, in color. The 2017 ex model has black engine cases and cylinders.
Does anyone here have experience in stripping the black finish off of these engines? As a last resort, I could paint a silver finish over the black finish, but I'd probably be setting myself up for paint flaking issues as the bike ages.
Any help from the forum would be appreciated.
