About to order the '17 dual bending valve forks for my '14

Looks all right to me. Be interested to hear how you like them.
 
Man it sure does look nice!
 
Oooh shiny! Yep will be interesting to find out how they compare to std forks.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I think he meant, wouldn't the forks be longer, or shorter, for different diameter wheels?
yep, geometry of the bike is where i was going. also did not realize the ex doesn't get the radial calipers, which could make a difference in rotors. I do like very much that they don't have the reflectors built into them. dam*! now i'm wanting yet another thing for my bike! da*n!
 
Thread starter
None of the bikes reflectors are truly built-in – they are just held on with adhesive tape.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Home from work, everything is tq to spec- about to take her out and see what's what.

From my initial sitting on the bike and pushing up and down- they feel soft- but I think that is somehow the way these valves are supposed to work.
Took it for a quick run up over the mountain and back. Mission accomplished I think- seem to be more plush and soak up the imperfections more than the stock forks did. Less chatter feeling, less harshness.

For this ride I left the preload right where it was, which was the same as the stock forks initially.

I'm going to turn them in a line like I did on the other ones, that seems to be better for me.
 
Found your thread... This is pretty interesting. Did the mod change the amount of dive under braking? Also, and I may have missed this, what was the approximate cost of the replacement forks?
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't know, but if they are not, there is just as much chance of any factory fork not being filled correctly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3b44ec14dad9f1938aa1cefe5bb6889c.jpg
6a361788dda1fdf271df662a91d14a66.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07381b74f2208759601bbe3812b75a17.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
35f84f9b134cdba2ec1a8b722243f8ba.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4b842fdfcfe9fcb68bb4976e32d9de5b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love that all these years later, decades even- this wheel looks old.

7398d9ea4e15fb3a977eb8134bb2fd0d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that is as they say- a proper bit of kit.
6fa104d0c8657c20ebda2e9a1afbb9c0.png


d47efb7bb54763ca11165a6572d1644b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confirmed – 110% plug-and-play. Will most likely test ride tomorrow.

fb98800b056768070f4c248d03c671f4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good mod, but for the price I would rather use the Andreani kit. I like the black forks. I'd be interested to hear more about the improvements compared to stock forks.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Found your thread... This is pretty interesting. Did the mod change the amount of dive under braking? Also, and I may have missed this, what was the approximate cost of the replacement forks?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Found your thread... This is pretty interesting. Did the mod change the amount of dive under braking? Also, and I may have missed this, what was the approximate cost of the replacement forks?
$438/side, $872 for the whole setup. Probably a few fasteners, fork oil, etcetera as well. Figure $1000.

As to the kits such as Racetech etc., the SDBV fork is a whole 'nother animal. A kit installed in the old forks will improve things but it's like a bandaid.

The new fork is a new, well-integrated system so well worth the money if one is really serious about a HUGE improvement.

But the kits can be had for about half that money and are pretty good.
 
Thread starter
Ulvetanna_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Found your thread... This is pretty interesting. Did the mod change the amount of dive under braking? Also, and I may have missed this, what was the approximate cost of the replacement forks?
$438/side, $872 for the whole setup. Probably a few fasteners, fork oil, etcetera as well. Figure $1000.

As to the kits such as Racetech etc., the SDBV fork is a whole 'nother animal. A kit installed in the old forks will improve things but it's like a bandaid.

The new fork is a new, well-integrated system so well worth the money if one is really serious about a HUGE improvement.

But the kits can be had for about half that money and are pretty good.

Nothing needed other than the forks.

Here is my receipt.

54fc8da7ce9018ef9954e9c5d2d31f69.jpg



And I sold my stock forks for hundreds of dollars.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice work Josh. Look forward to hearing how they work out.
 
Thread starter
Not much to say- mission accomplished- they look more period correct for my bike and are definitely more comfortable (less jarring on impacts).
 
Thread starter
Still loving these forks. Bumping the post for others that may not be aware they exist.

At least 2 other people have put them on after me- and I think they like the improvement in comfort as well.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Still loving these forks. Bumping the post for others that may not be aware they exist.

At least 2 other people have put them on after me- and I think they like the improvement in comfort as well.
Like is an understatement, I love them :heart:
 
I also love these 2017 forks on my 2014 , whish I could put them also on my 2013 ABS but they will not fit because 3 pot calipers.
 
Back
Top