Carguy1959_imp
Been there
Here is a picture of mine. I cut the snout off flush and drilled 3 1" holes. Then trimmed out th cap a bit.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What did you use to open the hole in the end cap? It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks fairly uniform and finished (not butchered).Carguy1959_imp said:Here is a picture of mine. I cut the snout off flush and drilled 3 1" holes. Then trimmed out th cap a bit.
Sound based on having it running and pulling the end cap off with fast idle, to me is pleasant improvement have no thoughts of buying muffler now. Going to spend money on k & h seatdsinned_imp said:Biggin, so what you did is effectively allow a way for the exhaust to escape directly out of the eight drilled holes thru the existing hole in the end cap where the muffler's tail pipe use to stick out? And you did this based on how the sound improved while riding with the end cap removed? Please provide a photo of how it looks now. TIA.
You don't have to cut off the outlet. The OP just drilled holes in the end of the muffler with the end cap removed, and then re-installed the end cap (just as I did as well).Outlander427_imp said:I'm planning on doing this. I can't tell for sure but it appears that you cut off the outlet in addition to drilling the holes. Is this the case?
What size holes did you drill in the cap?jdvalero_imp said:I did this mod today without knowing this thread existing (until cbreezy pointed it to me) and I like how SStan thinks. (I bet he likes goats like I do)
It took me about 20 minutes or so to do it and at the beginning I was getting a lot of pops (farting). I then opened six small holes on the cap and that solved the problem in my case.
Thanks, Cooldrum, but I don't ride the CB much anymore since I got a Yamaha S-V1300 with a Cobra pipe. I'll probably give the Honda CB to my Grandson in a few years. Looking at a CB450 just for kicks, so he can sit on it and feel it.cooldrum_imp said:Hi Charlie, I ride a 2013 CB. Thought about modifying the pipe as well. I bought a Dekelvic slip on. Good sound and if you want more exhaust note, it has a removable baffle. there are postings on youtube you can see. Easy bolt on and looks nice. Good build quality and no need to remap the chip.