G'day and welcome to the forum, Biggin.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Me, too, though I respect a free spirit.The ferret_imp said:The assymetry of those holes would drive me crazy lol
That is why I put the cover on.The ferret_imp said:The assymetry of those holes would drive me crazy lol
I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.Inhouse Bob_imp said:It's been asked before by others and ignored, but I'll ask again... do you get any popping on deceleration with this mod? I know that the air injecting PAIR valve thingie can be easily disabled and that's great, but I would rather not do that if it isn't necessary.
So. Popping. Yes or no.
Thanks!
I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.TCinNC_imp said:I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.Inhouse Bob_imp said:It's been asked before by others and ignored, but I'll ask again... do you get any popping on deceleration with this mod? I know that the air injecting PAIR valve thingie can be easily disabled and that's great, but I would rather not do that if it isn't necessary.
So. Popping. Yes or no.
Thanks!

I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.Inhouse Bob_imp said:I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.TCinNC_imp said:I drilled 6 3/8 in holes and reinstalled the end cap. I have NO decel popping at all.Inhouse Bob_imp said:It's been asked before by others and ignored, but I'll ask again... do you get any popping on deceleration with this mod? I know that the air injecting PAIR valve thingie can be easily disabled and that's great, but I would rather not do that if it isn't necessary.
So. Popping. Yes or no.
Thanks!
Thanks TC. I think it was you that asked this question originally.![]()
You're welcome!!I just did exactly the same thing. As you say, a bit of a difference and no change in performance, popping, etc. I had fun playing with the drill, though! :banana:GaryMNM_imp said:I went for the 8 x 3/8 holes (asymmetrically aligned for the OCD's).
Very slight tone improvement, no popping, backfire etc detected under heavy or light decel.
OK, here's a new link to a limited "after" clip taken with a plain ole no frills camera with a video option.
:rofl: all worth it in the end thenInhouse Bob_imp said:I just did exactly the same thing. As you say, a bit of a difference and no change in performance, popping, etc. I had fun playing with the drill, though! :banana:GaryMNM_imp said:I went for the 8 x 3/8 holes (asymmetrically aligned for the OCD's).
Very slight tone improvement, no popping, backfire etc detected under heavy or light decel.
OK, here's a new link to a limited "after" clip taken with a plain ole no frills camera with a video option.
The hole is obviously bigger without the pipe looks alright, seems to be little more rumble, not as airy soundingdsinned_imp said:Biggin, please try to quantify the difference with and without tail pipe cut off, and how does it look with the end cap back on? TIA.