Stainless Steel vs. Titanium slip-ons?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Guys,

so I'm looking at the Over Racing slip-ons for my DLX and they are available in either SS or titanium.

The immediate advantage I can see from the titanium is lighter weight, but other than that is it worth it to pay more? Do the titanium ones blue after a while? I'm not crazy about that.
 
the closer titanium is on a heat source like the cylinder heads the more likely it will change color over time because of the intense heat it gets. But titanium slip-ons will probably not change color or if it does it will take a while since it does not get much heat.

there is a slight sound difference between the two since titanium mufflers are thinner than stainless. To me titanium mufflers has a more racier sound to it.
 
The mufflers were simple to change out once I got the DLX header system on. Probably less than a half hour work for both.

The one thing you will end up with is that the factory DLX mufflers have covers attached where the mufflers meet the headers. I shortened these covers with my Dremel and attached them to hose clamps to reinstall them. Otherwise you will see the black section between the headers and mufflers.

 
Thread starter
That looks real nice! Thanks for the pic!

So they retain the nice retro look, sound good, and are easy to install. I'm sold!
 
Back
Top