Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks Cormanus. This is definitely a two beer job. :beerchug:Cormanus_imp said:Sympathy Tink.
I agree, thermal changes are weird this way. '77 GoldWing drips a drop or two during the winter, and the multiple clamps on the Rune can be challenging. I've used swivel head extensions with universal joints to reach some of them. Six point sockets can save your day. Good luck!The ferret_imp said:pretty common problem. Especially back east here where the cold causes the hose to shrink some then the clamp gets loose. Some just put all new super clamps on. Others just tighten the Honda ones. There is one under the air cleaner/carbs I am told.
worst part of the job is pulling and reinstalling the Tupperware just so you can turn a worm screw 1/2 a turn.
Tell me about it...The ferret_imp said:pretty common problem. Especially back east here where the cold causes the hose to shrink some then the clamp gets loose. Some just put all new super clamps on. Others just tighten the Honda ones. There is one under the air cleaner/carbs I am told.
worst part of the job is pulling and reinstalling the Tupperware just so you can turn a worm screw 1/2 a turn.

These Tupperware Worksheets help tremendously with keeping track of the plethora of fasteners that the Honda design engineers decided to use on the ST1300 :huh:Lord Popgun_imp said:This site made it pretty easy to remove it all, even though the manual does cover it. http://www.touringmotorcyclists.com/tech_tips/st_tech_tips/front_fairing_removal.html
I bagged and tagged the fasteners for each panel. Made it a LOT easier to put back on. Sorry if you already know all this stuff.
It's "EUFD" syndrome (Excessive Use of Fastener Design). I'm miffed at the Honda ST1300 design engineers that decided 5 or 6 fastener designs would be better that 1 or 2. Really, what were you thinking. :dodgy:Lord Popgun_imp said:Believe me it was. And they use different push rivets in the same panel. It's a pain. Not hard, just a PAIN.
The CB is great! Easy to get to almost everything.