St. Paddy's day disaster

RLS_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
:)

A lady got out of her car and forgot to put it in park. It rolled about a 100 yards crossing main street and then down GE Patterson until it ran over my bike and my friends bike. We were able to pull his out from under, buy mine was crushed.

Not sure if this can be repaired, or if I can even find a new one that is just like the 2014. I bought it new last August and only had 2,700 miles on it.

If I can't get a replacement, any other bikes folks would recommend.
 
Well that stinks. Now that, is some stupid bad luck. I mean what are the chances? Sorry that it happened, but there are some 14 left overs out there. If something happened to mine I don't know what I would replace it with. It's a pretty special bike to me.
 
Oh for the love of.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no end of stupid people doing stupid things in this world.
Terrible bad luck.
 
Ouch! That's a painful pic to start the day. No St. Paddy green on that bike! Knoxville appears to have a '14 leftover. If you have any add-ons, remove them before insurance gets involved in case you can use them on a new CB.
 
That’s a sad St. Paddies Day! I know how you feel, I crashed my first 14 CB1100. I ordered a replacement when it was declared totaled by my insurance company. Believe me, with just scratches, bent handle bars, broken instrument cluster, it does not take much to total one of our bikes. There is a thread suhawk305's bike where I shared my experiences dealing with my insurance company, Honda Finance, gap insurance, etc. if it would apply to you.
I also agree that 2014 Standards are still available. The Honda Motorsports web site are still listing the Standard. Best of luck.
 
Sorry to hear of you bad luck! I was rear ended by a woman in a mini van, while I was stopped at a Stop Light, in broad daylight last fall. Between her insurance company and a VERY slow dealer, it took 6 weeks start to finish to get my bike back. Here is a link to Cycle Trader listings for a bunch of 2014s, including a low mileage 2014 Deluxe in Lexington Kentucky. Maybe it is close enough to you? https://www.cycletrader.com/search-resul...nce%3Aasc&
 
Yikes! Talk about the Luck of the Irish.....

We've got a handful of new 2014s at dealers here in WA. I looked at a couple before buying a used one with only 4K on it. They were all asking $7000, but with fees came to about $7,8000. I-90 Motorsports | Dealer in Issaquah WA near Seattle

My VTX got run over in a parking lot in Bend, OR a couple years ago. it was a weekend, and they didn't have a Honda dealer so my wife and I had to limp home on a badly bruised bike. It was more than $3K in repairs for all the dented and scratched parts.

Good Luck!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for everyone's condolences on the loss of my bike. I have been thinking of buying a 2014 Valkyrie, but that was only as a second bike to the CB. Hopefully a CB will be available.
 
RLS_imp said:
Thanks for everyone's condolences on the loss of my bike. I have been thinking of buying a 2014 Valkyrie, but that was only as a second bike to the CB. Hopefully a CB will be available.
I know of one 2014 at the dealer in Waycross, GA. Two 2013's at the dealer in Statesboro, GA., one demo and one new.
 
STUPID accident...and sorry to hear..:(
If this is an insurance write off or too risky to fix it, make every effort to get another CB... I would stick with Ferret advice.

Good luck with CB:biker:

pb
 
Sorry for the loss! If I had it to do it today, I'd have to give a hard look at the new Triumphs! Still love my CB though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
That’s unfortunate but at least you’re not injured.
My 2013 is for sale and is available with the stock wheels (sold the gold rims).
 
RLS, what rotten luck. Glad you’re OK.
 
OMG what a mess, sorry to hear. Good news is that you still see new 14's out there so dont give up hope if you want another one
 
RLS, sorry about the bad luck! It's a common phrase, but I know how you feel. I actually SAW my bike get hit in a parking lot. An old man swung a little wide entering his parking space and hit the rear of my bike, slamming it into the pickup parked next to me. Sadly, the old man wasn't even aware of what he'd just done.
 
RLS, glad that didn't involve your person. People are more and more preoccupied every day. Hope you find a replacement.
 
Back
Top