Sports spam...

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
What the heck is going on here the last couple of days with all of the sports spam with links in the threads?
 
Wish I knew Randy..1 from US another from Bangladash. Spent the last 2 days permanantly banning guys with the same names and consequential numbers. Even had Guth ban the ip addresses and yet they keep re registering and getting through somehow.
 
Thread starter
Ugh....
 
They've realized what a vibrant, big-spending lot we are. Come over all parsimonious and they'll all go away. :D
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
They've realized what a vibrant, big-spending lot we are. Come over all parsimonious and they'll all go away. :D
BIG WORDS!!! BIG WORDS!!! :beerchug:

(my head hurts now) :rofl:
 
interesting the USA spammer and Bangladash spammer was using the same ip addresses, which changed but they always had the same ips. Think we have them defeated for now.

thanks to all who kept me informed when these would show up
 
yea that's kind of above my pay grade Cormanus. My wife was surprised I knew what an IP address was. ( truth is I think it's just an originating computer, but I'm not sure). I dump issues like this in Guth's lap. He has more of a handle on stuff like this than I do.
 
Understood, Ferret. I gave you the link for interest, really. If you enter the IP address or URL it will show you where the computer hosting the site is. If you look up my IP address, for example, it will probably give you a Brisbane address. That's not where I am, but it's where my ISP hosts its service. I suspect if you're well above my pay grade, you may well be able to track down where I actually am.
 
The ferret_imp said:
yea that's kind of above my pay grade Cormanus. My wife was surprised I knew what an IP address was. ( truth is I think it's just an originating computer, but I'm not sure). I dump issues like this in Guth's lap. He has more of a handle on stuff like this than I do.
It is basically that. One of the features of the addresses is that they are somewhat geographical as well (like phone numbers). That's why it would be unlikely for two posters using the same IP address to be from different countries. It's most likely one poster pretending to be two posters.
 
This is how pervasive these spammers can be

kiregoll63
Banned
01-28-2015, 06:25 PM

kiregoll64
Banned
01-29-2015, 02:50 PM

kiregoll65
Banned
Yesterday, 03:07 AM Yesterday,

kiregoll66
Banned
Yesterday, 01:52 PM

kiregoll67
Banned
Yesterday, 05:16 PM

gsumonto42o
Banned
01-29-2015, 02:59 PM Yesterday

gsumonto43o
Banned
Yesterday, 05:26 PM
 
Back
Top