split fork boots

hemdawg_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone installed the Kijima split fork boots on their bike?
I had seen an earlier thread where this product was noted to save the hassle of removing the forks to install gaiters, but it wasn't clear if anyone had actually tried out these boots.
If so, how did the install go? Appearance and function?

KIJIMA : Front Fork Boots [HD-03220]
 
To me it makes about as much sense as a plug-bottom boat to let out the water that splashes in. This seems like one of those things where the easy route sacrifices much of the function, or perhaps it's just a cosmetic item.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
The real deal is not that difficult. See Ferrets post in the how to section.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just checked out Ferret's excellent post on gaiter install, then went and ordered the Kawasaki gaiters, which look great on the picks.
Thanks for the tip. Install looks pretty straightforward.
 
hemdawg_imp said:
Has anyone installed the Kijima split fork boots on their bike?
I had seen an earlier thread where this product was noted to save the hassle of removing the forks to install gaiters, but it wasn't clear if anyone had actually tried out these boots.
If so, how did the install go? Appearance and function?

KIJIMA : Front Fork Boots [HD-03220]
I purchased a pair, but ended up returning them. They don't really fit on the CB1100. Too long, and too big around the base. They looked like the wrong shoes for a tuxedo.
 
Hey Ka, I see you joined in April and this is your first post. Welcome :hello:
Please post up an introduction in New Members. Hawaii huh? We have another member from Hawaii as well.
 
i cut mine and installed them, it was totally a cosmetic mod for me so I wanted to do it the easy way lol.

Looks awesome. I cut them, put them on with zip ties and used ic2000 to seal the cut. several thousand miles later the glue is holding strong and you can't tell i cut 'em!
pics attached
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
i cut mine and installed them, it was totally a cosmetic mod for me so I wanted to do it the easy way lol.

Looks awesome. I cut them, put them on with zip ties and used ic2000 to seal the cut. several thousand miles later the glue is holding strong and you can't tell i cut 'em!
pics attached
most excellent ! I'm busy/lazy enough that this might be the way to go. Thanks.
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
i cut mine and installed them, it was totally a cosmetic mod for me so I wanted to do it the easy way lol.

Looks awesome. I cut them, put them on with zip ties and used ic2000 to seal the cut. several thousand miles later the glue is holding strong and you can't tell i cut 'em!
pics attached
 
Kijima does look big on the forks.......... I put them on anyways coz im like the other guy...... Im in it for the cosmetics :-) zipties did the trick ....
 
Back
Top