Speedy in the Mountains

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Out in LA for the weekend, and got a chance to blow the dust off the Speed Triple I keep out here, and go for a nice head- clearing ride up and around Angeles Crest. I left the Atlantic Ocean at Sea Girt NJ at 6 AM, and 10 hours later was on a spirited ride in the mountains all the way across the continent.

While I don't get out here enough, I get great peace of mind knowing my steed is on its battery tender in the clubhouse waiting for me! Beautiful day.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You are indeed a lucky bloke, Capo.

I've just got in from a ride on the CB on a day that looked similar.
 
Nice to have a great bike waiting when you arrive. Speed Triple is one of my favorite bikes I've never owned though I did have it's cousin, a Tiger 1050 for 5 years. Looks like a glorious day there Capo.:thumbsup:
 
Very cool. Love the scenery.

Speaking of cool, that would be a great place to be now. I rode up to the movies last night and on my ride home it was 54 degrees.
 
Thread starter
The climate here is so weird. 92 degrees when I left the clubhouse in Montrose. 74 up the mountain (48 this morning!) and ski hills 30 miles from LA (crappy ones, but still.) Icy Roads signs and snow at Mt. Wilson, and stripping away layers 10 mins later.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Nice gathering at Newcomb's Ranch today, gorgeous weather, great roads, and no traffic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
wow that's some high dollar hi falootin machinery
 
Thread starter
No, its 30 miles of glorious, twisting road to get there, and inside there are TV's showing WSBK and Moto GP. So the Ducati riders are legit here. Plenty of BMW GS's at Starbucks back in Glendale!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top