Speed bleeders

Raceman_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Installed Speed Bleeders f&r and clutch pn 8125l on 14 Deluxe this morning. This is my first experience with speed bleeders. They really do work well. Clutch fluid was dark, obviously had never been changed.
 
I need to get those things for both my bikes.
 
I did put them on all my CB 1100's , easy to do and a cheap upgrade , use the stainless steel ones if you do the change .
 
They are excellent. I've installed them on two of my bikes, like Houtman I went with the stainless steel versions.
 
Go to Speed Bleeder Products Inc.

They are SBB125 -SS M8 1.25
They are available in different lengths and for my clutch on my bikes I bought a slightly longer one.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Go to Speed Bleeder Products Inc.

They are SBB125 -SS M8 1.25
They are available in different lengths and for my clutch on my bikes I bought a slightly longer one.
Thanks a bunch. Appreciate the info :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Raceman_imp said:
Installed Speed Bleeders f&r and clutch pn 8125l on 14 Deluxe this morning. This is my first experience with speed bleeders. They really do work well. Clutch fluid was dark, obviously had never been changed.
Did you order the SB8125L-SS? I see that the CB1100 isn't listed, but rather they list the SB8125L for Nissin calipers. And SS appears to denote the stainless steel version. Is that the same part for the clutch as well?
 
Thread starter
Whoops_imp said:
Raceman_imp said:
Installed Speed Bleeders f&r and clutch pn 8125l on 14 Deluxe this morning. This is my first experience with speed bleeders. They really do work well. Clutch fluid was dark, obviously had never been changed.
Did you order the SB8125L-SS? I see that the CB1100 isn't listed, but rather they list the SB8125L for Nissin calipers. And SS appears to denote the stainless steel version. Is that the same part for the clutch as well?
Did you order the SB8125L-SS? I see that the CB1100 isn't listed, but rather they list the SB8125L for Nissin calipers. And SS appears to denote the stainless steel version. Is that the same part for the clutch as well?
I used the 8125l for calipers and clutch. I called Speed Bleeders and a agent provided me with the correct parts.
 
I'm guessing you replace the oem bleed screw and leave the new ones on.
For anyone who has installed these on the clutch bleeder, is there enough clearance for the SB8125L or LL once the cover is back on?
 
Houtman_imp said:
There is enough clearance for the SB8125 L but I do not know about the LL , is that one extra long ?
The difference between the two is 5.55mm.
In an earlier post you mentioned that you used the longer one for the clutch on all your bikes. I concluded from that the CB was included.
 
Because I gotta keep up with the Joneses (or Houtmans) I ordered my set today. Oh boy, new toys!
I have always feared doing the fluids. This should get me off my behind.
 
Bob, the first time is always difficult and unknown...then it goes easy
Yes, you can do it!
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Because I gotta keep up with the Joneses (or Houtmans) I ordered my set today. Oh boy, new toys!
I have always feared doing the fluids. This should get me off my behind.
Bob , it is easy if you take the old one out and put the new one in WITHOUT taking the reservoir cap of , less fluid will leak out and than when the new one is in you can change the fluid.
 
Bob another thing is that you work just above the brake pads, use some cloth around the working area to prevent the fluid spreading out and soak it up instead, ask me how i know this.
And cleaning up after, shortly after, Houtman is right about the cover.
Some brakefluid is likely to exit slowly, just have the new speedbleeder and correct size spanner handy so you can keep this to a few drops.
There is no pressure in the system because the tiny hole in the reservoir ( just in front of the piston and hiding under the small stainless removable cover ) is open and prevents any pressure buildup, however the same pinprick hole also lets the brake fluid slowly gravitate to the brake calipers, that is what you have to catch in the cloth.

This guy has the right idea;

You'll be very pleased with the result;cheers
 
max_imp said:
Bob another thing is that you work just above the brake pads, use some cloth around the working area to prevent the fluid spreading out and soak it up instead, ask me how i know this.
And cleaning up after, shortly after, Houtman is right about the cover.
Some brakefluid is likely to exit slowly, just have the new speedbleeder and correct size spanner handy so you can keep this to a few drops.
There is no pressure in the system because the tiny hole in the reservoir ( just in front of the piston and hiding under the small stainless removable cover ) is open and prevents any pressure buildup, however the same pinprick hole also lets the brake fluid slowly gravitate to the brake calipers, that is what you have to catch in the cloth.

This guy has the right idea;

You'll be very pleased with the result;cheers
A little piece of scotch tape over the breather hole on the reservoir would probably slow the leaking even more I bet.
 
Back
Top