Spark Plugs

GoldOxide_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
It was a 30 seconds sketch. I guess the paper is transparent, not an issue, no top secret stuff there
4d436a198a1d219498dfc84baf3bc01f.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Dang. No clay model coming?
Dang. No clay model coming? Nooooo, I suck at that. Next time I'll just make a video

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Hi Tod,
you did well, exactly what I was looking for.
My question about connections (fuel pump, etc.) has been serious so. You said access to sparks was easy, just "flip" the tank. And as I do not know about it, have never done it, I wondered what happened to these lines etc ?

Again thanks for the sketch (and the clay model, if that ever happens).
Another thought out of this. Many know sketch-up (Google), will we one day have models of CB parts all online and available (where it's useful), and print our own parts ? Or are we (most of forum members) too old for this ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
Hi Tod,
you did well, exactly what I was looking for.
My question about connections (fuel pump, etc.) has been serious so. You said access to sparks was easy, just "flip" the tank. And as I do not know about it, have never done it, I wondered what happened to these lines etc ?

Again thanks for the sketch (and the clay model, if that ever happens).
Another thought out of this. Many know sketch-up (Google), will we one day have models of CB parts all online and available (where it's useful), and print our own parts ? Or are we (most of forum members) too old for this ?
I resorted to flipping the tank around because of the breather hose. It was really stuck and I thought I'd damage it if it tried hard. I did however disconnect the fuel line, and it goes down the left hand side of the bike, so come to think of it the direction of rotation wasn't important, I just had a feeling there was something else hanging on the left side. I'll do another experiment with that, the memory is a bit foggy now, I think there was someone there, but also I think I could be imagining it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
j3gq_imp said:
Hi Tod,
you did well, exactly what I was looking for.
My question about connections (fuel pump, etc.) has been serious so. You said access to sparks was easy, just "flip" the tank. And as I do not know about it, have never done it, I wondered what happened to these lines etc ?

Again thanks for the sketch (and the clay model, if that ever happens).
Another thought out of this. Many know sketch-up (Google), will we one day have models of CB parts all online and available (where it's useful), and print our own parts ? Or are we (most of forum members) too old for this ?
I resorted to flipping the tank around because of the breather hose. It was really stuck and I thought I'd damage it if it tried hard. I did however disconnect the fuel line, and it goes down the left hand side of the bike, so come to think of it the direction of rotation wasn't important, I just had a feeling there was something else hanging on the left side. I'll do another experiment with that, the memory is a bit foggy now, I think there was someone there, but also I think I could be imagining it

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Keep a lookout for that "brain fog" thang.
 
y'all know you don't have to move or remove the tank to change the plugs on this bike right?

Front plug
985cdbabc59dab2b150ba70e3a91353c.jpg


rear plug
4e08dace7f95c76eb08c7fb525a80a85.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
y'all know you don't have to move or remove the tank to change the plugs on this bike right?

Front plug
985cdbabc59dab2b150ba70e3a91353c.jpg


rear plug
4e08dace7f95c76eb08c7fb525a80a85.jpg
This does bring back memories of another thread. Wasn't there a peculiar sized socket or something you had to use for the angle? BTW...move that phone to the right a bit and you have a nice self-portrait!
 
I just ordered the Motion Pro socket from Dennis Kirk. Thanks for the link Ferret. The thing is a tad pricey though.
 
Want to report that my fuel consumption dropped since this last service and spark plug change. I was averaging around 37mpg (6.5l/100km) before, while now on the last 3 fill-ups it seems to be up to a very decent 43mpg (5.5l/100km). It's not huge, but I'm guessing it extends my range to around 250-260km. That's not bad for the little 14l tank

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
My long term average consumption is around 5.3L/100 kms. However, my experience is that it moves around a bit depending on traffic weather, mood and heaven knows what else. My clever mate, noroomtomove, solved the problem of how far one has to go before puttering to a halt with what has become known as his first law of motion and fuel consumption. It's set out in this thread and has stood me in very good stead on a number of occasions since. All it requires to work is the discipline to reset one of the trip meters whenever you fill up.
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Want to report that my fuel consumption dropped since this last service and spark plug change. I was averaging around 37mpg (6.5l/100km) before, while now on the last 3 fill-ups it seems to be up to a very decent 43mpg (5.5l/100km). It's not huge, but I'm guessing it extends my range to around 250-260km. That's not bad for the little 14l tank

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Cormanus_imp said:
My long term average consumption is around 5.3L/100 kms. However, my experience is that it moves around a bit depending on traffic weather, mood and heaven knows what else. My clever mate, noroomtomove, solved the problem of how far one has to go before puttering to a halt with what has become known as his first law of motion and fuel consumption. It's set out in this thread and has stood me in very good stead on a number of occasions since. All it requires to work is the discipline to reset one of the trip meters whenever you fill up.

I concur with both your averages. 5.2 to 5.5L/100 kms was very consistent and not dainty on the handle.

Deep rural at 20C I could maintain 3.9L/100 and heavy, hot/humid congested, stop 'n' go pure heck summer traffic was about 6.3L/100.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:

Mine is 4,6l/100kms with a 2013 5speed CB. I agree with the mentioned factors for fuel consumption. In addition speed has a very large impact on it. Also short riding over short distances with a lot of automatic warm up running of the engine. This will heavily raise fuel consumption to a large degree. In winter much more than in summer.
...
I concur in both cases for the '14 CB1100. If extra conservative, 4.6L/100 was achieved (region rural roads and highways). My typical rate was in the range of 5.0 to 5.4L/100 for spirited riding and freeways.
 
Back
Top