Spark Plugs

Yup, thanks, all done, I removed the tank for sake of it, as it turns out I even had a special tool
8cf6fe798eb7be7eb00c341ea64a99eb.png


Anyhow, thank you for the tip, I actually only disconnected the quick connector and turned the tank around counterclockwise on the seat.

Air element was a hassle, stuff that is under my right side cover looks nothing like the workshop manual picture. Off to put in fork gaters. That's for a different thread tho
7c163879a744afa8b7793b4bfa247f80.jpg
2f3e37a2cf8d96edd4341f31d1b0110b.jpg
b2c445d66562217bc97184f7c456ebc9.jpg
bd33dd11d2938e441a772541a6cee685.jpg
191fb6ff4cb31ded45c35766aab8cdf2.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I think the plugs are costly because of the low production quantities involved. Is the CB1100 the only bike these work in? Could be. The long threads to accommodate the oil passages give them a unique form factor, for sure.

I bought the rest of the OEM tool kit from Honda and the spark plug wrench is a good one with a 10mm hex extension on top that will take a box end or socket wrench.

 
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
I think the plugs are costly because of the low production quantities involved. Is the CB1100 the only bike these work in? Could be. The long threads to accommodate the oil passages give them a unique form factor, for sure.

I bought the rest of the OEM tool kit from Honda and the spark plug wrench is a good one with a 10mm hex extension on top that will take a box end or socket wrench.
Well considering that I found them for 6$ a pop, they are not that expensive. But yes, they are only made for this bike and no other

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Great show pics Tod. Forum gets a clearer idea of what's under the skirt.
"Under the pants" sir, my CB is a steed. All my bikes were/are male, it's a bro-love, never romantic lol

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
My friend ; how many time/kilómeters was from the last change ????
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
If you change your spark plugs make certain that you use high pressure air to blow away any dirt around the plug. After loosing them a few turns use air pressure again as sometimes a little dirt/sand/grit was lodged under neat the plug.
 
Yes I blew in and around the holes, hope that's enough pressure because it's all it's going to get, I don't have and don't plan on getting a compressor any time soon. Work with what you've got is tbe name of the game
f0ccd1e13cb3aff03ba1f8444b42ffad.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
My friend ; how many time/kilómeters was from the last change ????
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

I've replaced my plugs on my CB1100 twice, each time at around 40,000 KM's (25,000 mi)

I currently have 36,000 miles (58,000 kms ) on the plugs on my FJR and they will be changed next month
 
The ferret_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
My friend ; how many time/kilómeters was from the last change ????
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

I've replaced my plugs on my CB1100 twice, each time at around 40,000 KM's (25,000 mi)

I currently have 36,000 miles (58,000 kms ) on the plugs on my FJR and they will be changed next month
I don't think the plugs were ever changed. They are not bad, just rusty as the bike has been sitting for a while, outdoors I suspect. Current ODO is around 13000km

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

I've replaced my plugs on my CB1100 twice, each time at around 40,000 KM's (25,000 mi)

I currently have 36,000 miles (58,000 kms ) on the plugs on my FJR and they will be changed next month The bike was running perfectly, but the plugs were very corroded on the outside and I didn't want to have problems with taking them out in future, I'm sure these will last for a very long time.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Good call Tod, would have done the same when my plugs looked like that, saltspray has a bad effect on these, mine have a little corrosion but are still ok at 40.000k.
Interesting the airfilter, do you find it dusty in the Emirates?
Nice clear pictures too, thanks mate
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, thanks, all done, I removed the tank for sake of it, as it turns out I even had a special tool
8cf6fe798eb7be7eb00c341ea64a99eb.png


Anyhow, thank you for the tip, I actually only disconnected the quick connector and turned the tank around counterclockwise on the seat.

Air element was a hassle, stuff that is under my right side cover looks nothing like the workshop manual picture. Off to put in fork gaters. That's for a different thread tho
7c163879a744afa8b7793b4bfa247f80.jpg
2f3e37a2cf8d96edd4341f31d1b0110b.jpg
b2c445d66562217bc97184f7c456ebc9.jpg
bd33dd11d2938e441a772541a6cee685.jpg
191fb6ff4cb31ded45c35766aab8cdf2.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
@tod
Any chance you could make a little sketch on "turning the tank ... on the seat" ? (thanks for the nice pictures !)
 
max_imp said:
Good call Tod, would have done the same when my plugs looked like that, saltspray has a bad effect on these, mine have a little corrosion but are still ok at 40.000k.
Interesting the airfilter, do you find it dusty in the Emirates?
Nice clear pictures too, thanks mate
Extremely dusty and humid
j3gq_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, thanks, all done, I removed the tank for sake of it, as it turns out I even had a special tool
8cf6fe798eb7be7eb00c341ea64a99eb.png


Anyhow, thank you for the tip, I actually only disconnected the quick connector and turned the tank around counterclockwise on the seat.

Air element was a hassle, stuff that is under my right side cover looks nothing like the workshop manual picture. Off to put in fork gaters. That's for a different thread tho
7c163879a744afa8b7793b4bfa247f80.jpg
2f3e37a2cf8d96edd4341f31d1b0110b.jpg
b2c445d66562217bc97184f7c456ebc9.jpg
bd33dd11d2938e441a772541a6cee685.jpg
191fb6ff4cb31ded45c35766aab8cdf2.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
@tod
Any chance you could make a little sketch on "turning the tank ... on the seat" ? (thanks for the nice pictures !)
@tod
Any chance you could make a little sketch on "turning the tank ... on the seat" ? (thanks for the nice pictures !) And sure, I will be happy to. Hope it helps.
1443cd9c4d4df13193c2dae5bf181111.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
max_imp said:
Good call Tod, would have done the same when my plugs looked like that, saltspray has a bad effect on these, mine have a little corrosion but are still ok at 40.000k.
Interesting the airfilter, do you find it dusty in the Emirates?
Nice clear pictures too, thanks mate
Extremely dusty and humid
j3gq_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, thanks, all done, I removed the tank for sake of it, as it turns out I even had a special tool
8cf6fe798eb7be7eb00c341ea64a99eb.png


Anyhow, thank you for the tip, I actually only disconnected the quick connector and turned the tank around counterclockwise on the seat.

Air element was a hassle, stuff that is under my right side cover looks nothing like the workshop manual picture. Off to put in fork gaters. That's for a different thread tho
7c163879a744afa8b7793b4bfa247f80.jpg
2f3e37a2cf8d96edd4341f31d1b0110b.jpg
b2c445d66562217bc97184f7c456ebc9.jpg
bd33dd11d2938e441a772541a6cee685.jpg
191fb6ff4cb31ded45c35766aab8cdf2.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
@tod
Any chance you could make a little sketch on "turning the tank ... on the seat" ? (thanks for the nice pictures !)
@tod
Any chance you could make a little sketch on "turning the tank ... on the seat" ? (thanks for the nice pictures !) And sure, I will be happy to. Hope it helps.
1443cd9c4d4df13193c2dae5bf181111.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
This looks like the start of sumthin' big. :P





(What is "Adam"?) :D
 
Back
Top