SPAM

You da man Ferret! I already lost my weight the old fashioned way (diet & exercise), so that wasn't the nerve for me, I just love this little bastion away from the usual crap advertising we are constantly bombarded with and don't want to see it creep in here. Thanks again for all your hard work in keeping this awesome forum going.
 
veech_imp said:
You da man Ferret! I already lost my weight the old fashioned way (diet & exercise), so that wasn't the nerve for me, I just love this little bastion away from the usual crap advertising we are constantly bombarded with and don't want to see it creep in here. Thanks again for all your hard work in keeping this awesome forum going.
ME TOO!:clap::hello:
 
:P You gotta lot of freaking nerve going out for a ride before breakfast! And on a Tuesday no less! While we slobs slave away at work. Oh wait, yeah, nevermind. I'm only working a total of 12 hours this week myself... 8 hours today and four tomorrow.....:thumbsup:
 
Spammers are the bane of a forum owners/moderators existence.

I've installed most everything that I could find for the particular forum software in use: question/answer, captcha and the database check amongst other things. Will have to look into setting up a moderated first post queue.
 
"Grotesque pinkish mass
In a blue can on a shelf
Quivering alone"

d007556ec2bca50d9652a19a81c1fbe5.jpg
 
XYZZY. I had a flash back to some crazy game that I played on a computer in the 80's.It was a password to enter some place in the game. Was it something to do with dwarfs or the plover cave.
 
Hmmm none this morning. Guth's new fix might have actually fixed our problem.

I sort of miss them. Bwahahahaha
 
Tezza_imp said:
XYZZY. I had a flash back to some crazy game that I played on a computer in the 80's.It was a password to enter some place in the game. Was it something to do with dwarfs or the plover cave.
I remember that: "You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully."
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm none this morning. Guth's new fix might have actually fixed our problem.

I sort of miss them. Bwahahahaha
There were two threads late last night that disappeared an hour after they popped up.

I'm on night shift and it's my weekend...so, bored and all, I saw them. No, didn't open them. But whoever was running the show, put it in the trash.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Tezza_imp said:
XYZZY. I had a flash back to some crazy game that I played on a computer in the 80's.It was a password to enter some place in the game. Was it something to do with dwarfs or the plover cave.
I remember that: "You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully."
I remember that: "You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully."
Strewth, what were you blokes on then?

Cheers
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm none this morning. Guth's new fix might have actually fixed our problem.

I sort of miss them. Bwahahahaha
There were two threads late last night that disappeared an hour after they popped up.

I'm on night shift and it's my weekend...so, bored and all, I saw them. No, didn't open them. But whoever was running the show, put it in the trash.
That would be me. Right before I installed the latest plug-in for the forum software.
 
There's a slight tragedy in all this. Those chaps who posted brilliant witty ripostes to di*khead spammers are to be commended for their brilliance. But some of us missed the wit and the deletion policy has denied us. :sniff:
 
The latest software Guth installed is working brilliantly. I get to see them and delete them before they ever make it to the boards.

I will miss the witty retorts lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
The latest software Guth installed is working brilliantly. I get to see them and delete them before they ever make it to the boards.

I will miss the witty retorts lol
Some of us won't since you deleted them before we could read them. :(
 
Back
Top