Something Happened!

$18?? You mean $18million dollars
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I’ve mentioned before, I think, that a couple of jurisdictions in Australia have introduced cameras designed to detect mobile phone use while driving. The fines came into effect two months ago in my home state and have already collected $18 million to help pay for roads and schools and hospitals and national parks and other stuff. It’s luck they’ll help reduce the incidence of texting while driving.

Secret road cameras net $18 million in mobile phone, seatbelt fines in two months

And here’s a scary image from one of the cameras.



Wow...it's sobering to know that people are willing to put others' lives at risk just so they don't miss responding to a text or what not.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
 
I like these cameras, and I wish we had them everywhere in Canada to catch distracting drivers
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

99c03e2e6dba2edec0d925ad396aaa98.jpg
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

99c03e2e6dba2edec0d925ad396aaa98.jpg
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

2cb40764ee119c5cf72ed44497500829.jpg

(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

99c03e2e6dba2edec0d925ad396aaa98.jpg
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

2cb40764ee119c5cf72ed44497500829.jpg

(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
...and brain band :-/
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

99c03e2e6dba2edec0d925ad396aaa98.jpg
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

2cb40764ee119c5cf72ed44497500829.jpg

(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
...and brain band :-/
...and brain band :-/
Actually, and with the utmost respect peterbaron, I can see little evidence of the first of your words starting with 'b'.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
$18?? You mean $18million dollars
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
I do. Apologies for the omission. $18M over 2 months from a population of less than 6M shows how many enthusiastic phone users there are.

I corrected the earlier post.
Aussie dollars?

Drivers are in charge and are responsible for their machine that can kill. The behaviour has been going on now for decades. I believe most motorcyclists don't exhibit this behaviour when riding. Why should cagers? There are consequences.
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

99c03e2e6dba2edec0d925ad396aaa98.jpg
don't put texting and driving past anybody. it's a disease that infects all humanity.

2cb40764ee119c5cf72ed44497500829.jpg

(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
(*sigh*) Sooooo irresponsibly uncool. A waste of skin. At least he is wearing eye protection.
...and brain band :-/
...and brain band :-/
Actually, and with the utmost respect peterbaron, I can see little evidence of the first of your words starting with 'b'.
...and brain band :-/
Actually, and with the utmost respect peterbaron, I can see little evidence of the first of your words starting with 'b'.
LOL - dem sin-gull sill-a-bull words er tough.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I'm afraid this is getting completely out of hand.

309f97c6c363f0c1ad6bfaec0252996a.jpg


5f3e2a1c1b7ec0804a6e8cf50646b08c.jpg


Wife and I finally accomplished our goal of having (functioning) couples Honda singles. They really are quite the pair going down the road together.
If we had the garage space, my wife and I would have a couple of scooters or small displacement motorcycles. I was thinking just a little bigger, like the 250cc Janus bikes, but the Trail and the Cub look just lovely together.

Lots of highways and traffic around the third most populous city in the US, but side streets and 30mph roads are in abundance as well. I love the idea of a quick scoot up to the coffee shop or the breakfast joint in our little suburb.
 
Back
Top