some nice features on the 2014 std ?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
RandyB posted up this pic of a black CB 1100 and I thought it was a good picture for looking at details of the 2014 std... if this is representative of what we are getting. I assumed it was a flatish black for 2014. This may be an Australian or Japan model???

http://motocikli.bjbikers.com/files/2012/03/37.jpg

some things I noticed

The seat looks like a low seat?
Smaller turn signals than 2013 models
Engine paint looks gloss and not flat
rear shock springs are black
footpeg brackets are black
bar end weights are either chrome or polished
brake reservoir caps are polished
top tree may be polished
rear grab rails may be polished
peg feelers appear shorter

anybody see anything else?

If this is what we are getting, this is a very nice looking motorcycle
 
Thread starter
Yes and the rims are all black, no polished edges ( although I think that would have looked nice to go with the other polished pieces)

Again, I don't know if this is exactly what we are getting or not.
 
I noticed the turn signals are chrome and not black as some other pictures have.

If it wasn't for the exhaust, I would consider it to go with my black sidecar instead of painting a Deluxe.
 
Thread starter
good eye Buffalohead
 
I was trying to get an idea about the black peg brakets that someone is selling. This is a JDM 2012 model so it is not what we are getting in the 2014 std.
 
Thread starter
Randy what is a JDM 2012 model? (Japanese domestic?) whatever it is it is a very nice looking bike.

such a nice crisp pic. Wish we had one of the 2014 std like this pic to go over.
 
Too bad. I like this a lot better than the pictures posted on Honda's site. If this is what we were getting, I would consider buying one and having the wheels powder coated. I wonder what the seat height is?
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Black fork tubes, I almost ordered a set when I was in my black mode.
Sliders. Just being picky.

Nothing that a few rattle-cans of paint and and afternoon couldn't fix on the '13!:rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Randy what is a JDM 2012 model? (Japanese domestic?) whatever it is it is a very nice looking bike.

such a nice crisp pic. Wish we had one of the 2014 std like this pic to go over.
Yeah....sorry Ferret. JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market".

I got so used to typing that and everyone knowing what it meant from a Nissan site I belong to.
 
Thread starter
Lol it's ok. My wife is head of Human Resources for a company here in Cinti and she comes home and talks in three letter codes all the time. I have no idea what she means and really don't care but when it comes to motorcycles...for some reason I care :huh:
 
The ferret_imp said:
RandyB posted up this pic of a black CB 1100 and I thought it was a good picture for looking at details of the 2014 std... if this is representative of what we are getting. I assumed it was a flatish black for 2014. This may be an Australian or Japan model???

http://motocikli.bjbikers.com/files/2012/03/37.jpg

some things I noticed

The seat looks like a low seat?
Smaller turn signals than 2013 models
Engine paint looks gloss and not flat
rear shock springs are black
footpeg brackets are black
bar end weights are either chrome or polished
brake reservoir caps are polished
top tree may be polished
rear grab rails may be polished
peg feelers appear shorter

anybody see anything else?

If this is what we are getting, this is a very nice looking motorcycle
The low seat and turn signals are the standard seat and turn signals for Europe/Asia. We'll most likely have the higher seat and larger signals thanks to the U.S. DOT.
The chrome bar-ends might be from the heated grips kit.
Engine color looks the same as before, to me.
 
Thread starter
AzBob_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
RandyB posted up this pic of a black CB 1100 and I thought it was a good picture for looking at details of the 2014 std... if this is representative of what we are getting. I assumed it was a flatish black for 2014. This may be an Australian or Japan model???

http://motocikli.bjbikers.com/files/2012/03/37.jpg

some things I noticed

The seat looks like a low seat?
Smaller turn signals than 2013 models
Engine paint looks gloss and not flat
rear shock springs are black
footpeg brackets are black
bar end weights are either chrome or polished
brake reservoir caps are polished
top tree may be polished
rear grab rails may be polished
peg feelers appear shorter

anybody see anything else?

If this is what we are getting, this is a very nice looking motorcycle
The low seat and turn signals are the standard seat and turn signals for Europe/Asia. We'll most likely have the higher seat and larger signals thanks to the U.S. DOT.
The chrome bar-ends might be from the heated grips kit.
Engine color looks the same as before, to me.
Yea, RandyB said this is a Japanese Domestic Market unit.

The cylinder heads and cases are same black as ours, but the engine side covers are a high gloss black it appears whereas ours are silver.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol it's ok. My wife is head of Human Resources for a company here in Cinti and she comes home and talks in three letter codes all the time. I have no idea what she means and really don't care but when it comes to motorcycles...for some reason I care :huh:
Off topic, I know, but there's a strategy for dealing with this: adopt the language of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms). Ferret, you could go with TLCs. Any galah can invent them. For example, if it's a DFD, I might take my FMB for a spin. Then it will be home for a COT and a BLR. Tomorrow, AFU, I'll be ready to invent more TLAs.

HGD, all. :P

KEY

DFD=Damned Fine Day
FMB=Favourite Motor Bike (applies only to lucky punters with MTO)
COT=Cup of tea
BLR=Big Long Rest
AFU=All Fired Up
HGD=Have a Good Day
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lol it's ok. My wife is head of Human Resources for a company here in Cinti and she comes home and talks in three letter codes all the time. I have no idea what she means and really don't care but when it comes to motorcycles...for some reason I care :huh:
Off topic, I know, but there's a strategy for dealing with this: adopt the language of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms). Ferret, you could go with TLCs. Any galah can invent them. For example, if it's a DFD, I might take my FMB for a spin. Then it will be home for a COT and a BLR. Tomorrow, AFU, I'll be ready to invent more TLAs.

HGD, all. :P

KEY

DFD=Damned Fine Day
FMB=Favourite Motor Bike (applies only to lucky punters with MTO)
COT=Cup of tea
BLR=Big Long Rest
AFU=All Fired Up
HGD=Have a Good Day
Off topic, I know, but there's a strategy for dealing with this: adopt the language of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms). Ferret, you could go with TLCs. Any galah can invent them. For example, if it's a DFD, I might take my FMB for a spin. Then it will be home for a COT and a BLR. Tomorrow, AFU, I'll be ready to invent more TLAs.

HGD, all. :P

KEY

DFD=Damned Fine Day
FMB=Favourite Motor Bike (applies only to lucky punters with MTO)
COT=Cup of tea
BLR=Big Long Rest
AFU=All Fired Up
HGD=Have a Good Day
:rofl: FNF Cormanus
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lol it's ok. My wife is head of Human Resources for a company here in Cinti and she comes home and talks in three letter codes all the time. I have no idea what she means and really don't care but when it comes to motorcycles...for some reason I care :huh:
Off topic, I know, but there's a strategy for dealing with this: adopt the language of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms). Ferret, you could go with TLCs. Any galah can invent them. For example, if it's a DFD, I might take my FMB for a spin. Then it will be home for a COT and a BLR. Tomorrow, AFU, I'll be ready to invent more TLAs.

HGD, all. :P

KEY

DFD=Damned Fine Day
FMB=Favourite Motor Bike (applies only to lucky punters with MTO)
COT=Cup of tea
BLR=Big Long Rest
AFU=All Fired Up
HGD=Have a Good Day
Off topic, I know, but there's a strategy for dealing with this: adopt the language of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms). Ferret, you could go with TLCs. Any galah can invent them. For example, if it's a DFD, I might take my FMB for a spin. Then it will be home for a COT and a BLR. Tomorrow, AFU, I'll be ready to invent more TLAs.

HGD, all. :P

KEY

DFD=Damned Fine Day
FMB=Favourite Motor Bike (applies only to lucky punters with MTO)
COT=Cup of tea
BLR=Big Long Rest
AFU=All Fired Up
HGD=Have a Good Day
:rofl: FNF Cormanus
TFL. Fairly nice fellow?
 
Thread starter
Yea..that was it. :hello:
 
I've often used AMF...........................
Depending on who your're talking to, it could mean
Adios My Friend, OR Adios............................................

You guys figure it out! :rofl: :biker: :D
 
Inline4_imp said:
I've often used AMF...........................
Depending on who your're talking to, it could mean
Adios My Friend, OR Adios............................................

You guys figure it out! :rofl: :biker: :D
......... Monday to Friday?
......... Mr Ferret?
......... Motorcycle Forums?

I give up! :banana:
 
Back
Top