solution to poor clock display

Thread starter
all of my AC is converted to DC as it leaves my alternator.. that beeper really works well.. I never forget to turn off my directionals.. when I am stopped at a light or something, by applying ether brake, it shuts off the beeper but the directional is still working.. then when I take off from a stop light and release the brakes, the beeper will start up, reminding me to shut the directionals off.. this way I am not bothered by the beep-beep-beep while sitting at the light.. pretty cool..

chuckk ..
 
Thread starter
here is a pic of my latest gizmo.. my altimeter !! .. I haven't tried using it on the fly yet, but I will ..the app also has a map feature I want to check out, showing roads close to my present location.. "like a kid in a sandbox" .. haha ..

chuckk...

.
5016cd0629ef7646c0f03ccc500afbdb.jpg

.
50b13fc49434d3aa24887a72b56afcb6.jpg
 
Geeeeees... Chuckk, all you need now is wings to convert CB into a plane model..lol.

maybe something like this

:P:)
 
Thread starter
I believe the altimeter uses GPS .. it says as it loads, for the most accurate reading use under a clear blue sky.. I think if I remember it uses 3 satellites ..

chuck ..
. P.S.... it is a free app without adds ..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
this is my first attempt at solving my problem of not being able to read the time on the CB's display.. it works fairly well, but I want something just a little larger.. the handle bar mounted clocks are so cheap now, I ordered several different ones.. their cost is about $7. to $12. I wanted digital, but must settle for analog.. I had planned on using this stick-on with a handle bar mount, but found it is smaller than the analog ones.. the stick-on is about 1inch in diameter and the analogs are about 1 1/4 inches..
7373f4d94894a636f34b02d5003eedb5.jpg
Chuckk, when looking for some parts for my winter project, I found this ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB11...234073?hash=item4b62543959:g:cYsAAOSwxoJcrL1r
 
Thread starter
that is interesting Peter, but now that I have my LED clock the display has become more of a secondary source for the time.. as for the rest of the display, it doesn't give me too much grief.. thanks for thinking of me !! ..
chuckk ..

.
00c96354befb4bdfa34bde65dc077254.jpg
 
Those are on Amazon too. Not one listed for my ‘13 model though.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
this is my first attempt at solving my problem of not being able to read the time on the CB's display.. it works fairly well, but I want something just a little larger.. the handle bar mounted clocks are so cheap now, I ordered several different ones.. their cost is about $7. to $12. I wanted digital, but must settle for analog.. I had planned on using this stick-on with a handle bar mount, but found it is smaller than the analog ones.. the stick-on is about 1inch in diameter and the analogs are about 1 1/4 inches..
7373f4d94894a636f34b02d5003eedb5.jpg
Chuckk, when looking for some parts for my winter project, I found this ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB11...234073?hash=item4b62543959:g:cYsAAOSwxoJcrL1r
Keen eye DV (aka PB).
 
Most likely true PB. Its the middle part thats different.
 
You have all the skills to cut it to your demantion and tools at work, and then post pics :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
Unfortunately, these models can fail fast (months). Some just stop working.

Don't know, but maybe something to do with the "harsh" riding environment?
Unfortunately, these models can fail fast (months). Some just stop working.

Don't know, but maybe something to do with the "harsh" riding environment?
Oh dear. So... maybe two dollars not well spent ? :(
 
Bazbro_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
Unfortunately, these models can fail fast (months). Some just stop working.

Don't know, but maybe something to do with the "harsh" riding environment?
Unfortunately, these models can fail fast (months). Some just stop working.

Don't know, but maybe something to do with the "harsh" riding environment?
Oh dear. So... maybe two dollars not well spent ? :(
Unfortunately, these models can fail fast (months). Some just stop working.

Don't know, but maybe something to do with the "harsh" riding environment?
Oh dear. So... maybe two dollars not well spent ? :(
:rofl: yeah, I suppose you have a point.
 
Back
Top