solution to poor clock display

Yes, my thoughts for the most part.

Example Fresnel lens:



I believe the lens would only slow the clock light down by about a second. :D

Example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...rchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_53

jtopiso_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Now wondering if a magnifying lens strategically placed over the Honda LCD console would have helped?
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I find myself looking at the time and temperature often.. much more often than tach and speedo ..why, I can't really say.. as I climb the mountain, the temps will drop 20 degrees sometimes.. I also like the green clock.. the little visor I made seems to help.. it has been a long time since I listened to Chicago .. cool ..
Despite my comment, I do like the clock on the cb...I'm always looking for it on my other bike which doesn't have one.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
that reminds me of my multi-focal cataract lens replacement..
A Fresnel lens can enlarge and brighten the clock, and other LCD information on the CB console cluster.

Maybe something worth investigating. Maybe use clear Velcro and "tack" the lens in place, and remove quickly when the looks of the CB instrument cluster matters most. Dunno.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yes, my thoughts for the most part.

Example Fresnel lens:



I believe the lens would only slow the clock light down by about a second. :D

Example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...rchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_53

jtopiso_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Now wondering if a magnifying lens strategically placed over the Honda LCD console would have helped?
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Mistyped there. I meant the *right* gap, not the tight gap. But, yeah... :)
 
Hey, Chuckk, for your consideration, you might try one of these...

No wires, no battery, could be mounted with a bit of velcro. It doesn't light at night, but then the clocks you already have do, and it does glow in the dark, even when the bike is off.
Perches nicely inside my PS2 windshield. Speaking of which, since I have no bugs sticking to my jacket anymore, people don't take me seriously.
I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Ben
 
Thread starter
jtopiso_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yes, my thoughts for the most part.

Example Fresnel lens:



I believe the lens would only slow the clock light down by about a second. :D

Example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...rchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_53

jtopiso_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Now wondering if a magnifying lens strategically placed over the Honda LCD console would have helped?
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Mistyped there. I meant the *right* gap, not the tight gap. But, yeah... :)
Maybe a card size fresnel lens would do the job, although you'd need a frame of some kind, to ceate the tight gap between LCD and the lens.
Mistyped there. I meant the *right* gap, not the tight gap. But, yeah... :) here you are guys.. my $5. plastic fresnel lens .. looks like I can cut it to fit the display.. but I don't think I will really use it..
..
b562e5a048f23052bab2ac791c20072c.jpg

.
492858d9fb7dcee181e9a78a6c3fbed6.jpg

it does magnify well, but one needs a pretty good gap between the subject and the lens.. kinda fun to play with ..
 
Need to know what are these gadgets for:

17e8540f09a06403480b80969a41cfd0.jpg


*plate/bracket - left to the killer switch
*black box with 2 knobs - in the middle
*red cap - next to clutch fluid reservoir
:):thumbsup:
 
well you should certainly be able to tell what time it is lol.

How are the PR3's working out for you?
 
It interesting to see both 12-hour and 24-hour timepieces affixed on the CB. In case one forgets the meaning of one (e.g. 24-hour time), just glance up at the CB clock for your 12-hour fix.

Never mind if the sun or moon are above - don't need them. :)
 
Thread starter
I actually use both clocks.. when the Honda one is in the shade, the LED is great.. when the sun shines just over my shoulder, it makes the led hard to read, but the bright sunlight allows me to read the Honda clock well .. I will explain the gadgets with a captioned photo soon...
The ferret_imp said:
well you should certainly be able to tell what time it is lol.

How are the PR3's working out for you?
I am running a pr-3 on the rear and it is still looking good, but not too many miles on it yet.. I am still running the shinko's on the front.. I'm getting close to 5k miles on one.. I like the looks of the fatty up front and the front tire is easier to change .. I do experience just a little front end shimmy at low speeds, when I take my hands off of the bars.. nothing much though.. it's probably the shinko.. I am getting almost twice the mileage off the shinko compared to the stock d-205s.. I'm thinking it is because the shinko is a single compound tire.. the dual compound d-205's have that softer rubber at the outside.. it tends to wear out quicker.. the dual compound tires are nice with the better grip, but I guess, I'm not pushing my rubber to any extremes.. I am not ruling out a front pr-3 in the future.. I am still testing the rear pr-3 for mileage.. if I can get 10 to 15k miles off of it, I will try one on the front..
chuckk
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Need to know what are these gadgets for:

17e8540f09a06403480b80969a41cfd0.jpg


*plate/bracket - left to the killer switch
*black box with 2 knobs - in the middle
*red cap - next to clutch fluid reservoir
:):thumbsup:
this pic should explain it pretty well.. I have separate 2 foot leads on each heated glove.. they plug into the left and right power ports.. when I get off of my bike, I take the gloves off, leaving them connected, and lay them on the grips..
78c698fae2bc0510f4521ebdb60d0b8b.jpg
..
 
Back
Top