GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
For this plane of existence, it is difficult to imagine the relationship of things without a time metric. However, take a lifecycle of a star: As it's internal reactions exhaust itself, it endures many states until dwarf, or if massive enough, possibly what we term as a black hole. Nevertheless, the state changes occur without the concept of time, but rather, the change of energy.Cormanus_imp said:Is it? While I take your point that time as measured in hours etc is a human construct, there is still likely to be a need for a term to describe the period between the sorts of changed states you refer to. It's akin to the rose by any other name, isn't it?
Yes - arguably, this could be more important than the concept of time Chuck. How we perceive ourselves in this space may hold more value than anything else, including time. After all, we are all states of energy and energy (not to be confused with power) is detached from time. That is, if you feel younger, how great is that compared to feeling older? Obviously profound! That said, I am sure there is no doubt we can all go faster on our rides and feel the essence of youth.Chuckk_imp said:maybe if we ride fast enough, we can slip into another dimension .. go back in time.. and become young again !! .. I think there is some truth in that .. at least I feel younger when I go fast and my juices start to flow..




hy: