Soft luggage options advantages disadvantages

kennyw_imp said:
I relocated my turn signals to the license plate bracket.

The transformation of my CB
I see that.

It's a neat job...but I'm loathe to start tampering, style-wise, with a more-or-less faithful reproduction of the 750. Right now I'm entertaining putting the rear signals on a pipe; and hanging the pipe behind the license plate, somehow.

Alternately I'd put a third set of signals, LEDs, probably, on the license-plate bracket like you have. Keep the originals where they are and work-around hanging saddlebags or a tank bag. Unloaded...I'd just have two sets of blinkers out back. Nuffin wrong with that...
 
My 1982 CB750C had turn signals mounted behind the license plate from the factory.

5a77448789434818600068c2beb58355.jpg
 
The Fehling baggage holder, I mounted at my CB, contained a replacement kit, to move the signals to the back light/licence plate.

I managed, to install the (lengthend) cables thru the channel in the rear fender.

f67bd2440b33c3d73471eb77fdeb7082.jpg


1beada9b986d7c29b9645b44c4192460.jpg


3d13ca187dff5ca830fe4f759a5e6849.jpg


8ad8d1bc90e98974cf6cb15d31b50424.jpg


65517f9d94d4fb560d9003b551aea33c.jpg


Well, then I thought for a long time, that I don't need saddlebags at all .:s

But finally last week, I decided to buy these:
https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/held-satteltaschen-lombarda-m-klettbefest/10026825?list=109742190

Looks quite good to me, seems to fit to the character of the bike. I'll post some pictures the next days.
 
Thread starter
Django..really like the look of your bike. What a great looking sport tourer. Is the luggage rack the Fieling?
 
I couldn't find a rack in my neck of the woods but a local motorbike shop made one with help of photos off the net.He also moved the lights ,made the nudge bars and mounted the spotlights.
with top box fitted
I don't know what happened there,i'll try again
Again...
 
The ferret_imp said:
Django..really like the look of your bike. What a great looking sport tourer. Is the luggage rack the Fieling?
Yes, that's the Fehling luggage rack. It comes separate from the Fehling baggage holder and can be mounted without moving the signals.

Here is a picture of my bike from last winter, with only the rack mounted:

b19eed00ec6fc07b0712003291d6bde6.jpg


My wife likes the support of the bar at her back, when riding at the pillow. However that's a very rare case (2 times since I have this bike), usually I go solo.
 
And here are some pictures of the saddlebags at my CB:

bfbe02b82e1cf230915bbc0d74a07966.jpg


7452ffe31872eea8e5e9a8341bf63c93.jpg


click on this one to see it upright in your browser:
d7353c8e74e3412c7f25b4227491e9ea.jpg


6234f15171da6d8970940b3aa1623a36.jpg


62bb0ab7825943a271c7f7f381cee053.jpg


a90f3d81a6cc9f9a18bf111c5f05b6e4.jpg
 
Thread starter
Just an excellent looking set up Django
 
Back
Top