So, how is your year going,riding wise?

First ride of the year here in Minnesota and it wasn't exactly balmy. About 57 this evening, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. Here it is parked by Lake Minnetonka.
 
I've ridden a total of 9 days thus far in 2014 (8 of those consecutively ending yesterday). A little over 2300 miles so far. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that my average miles/ride will be dropping throughout the summer. LOL
 
I'm really racking up the miles. With yesterday's ride, she is about to hit 3,000
miles. Not bad, seeing I took delivery LAST MARCH!!
:s
 
Older brother came over and we took the cb and the cbx out for 125 mile ride. It was great. First time in years that I had rode with him. I let him ride the cbx and he says it was smooth and nice to ride.
 
Thread starter
May is starting out well...this is the 5th, I've ridden 4 days, on 3 different bikes (rode the Majesty this morning down to pick up new license sticker for the new CB.... btw is anybody else's BMV as big a pain in the rump as Ohio's?..Geesh those people hate their jobs!)
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Which bike you riding to Cali. ? And how far is it from your place? Heck I might want to go :)
Round trip with direct is 5300 miles. Riding the ST of course. It's made for inter-galactic travel.

 
Thread starter
anything over 5000 rpms...woooshhh
 
The ferret_imp said:
May is starting out well...this is the 5th, I've ridden 4 days, on 3 different bikes (rode the Majesty this morning down to pick up new license sticker for the new CB.... btw is anybody else's BMV as big a pain in the rump as Ohio's?..Geesh those people hate their jobs!)
This is one thing I love about AZ's DMV. They want to see as little of us as possible. My current drivers license was issued 11 years ago and doesn't expire for another 12 years. Their website lets you do everything that does not require a personal visit. On top of that, you can even avoid yearly registration renewals (which are done by mail or website). Two years if your vehicle requires an emission test and five years if it doesn't (which now includes all motorcycles). I just renewed the CB750 through March of 2019.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
May is starting out well...this is the 5th, I've ridden 4 days, on 3 different bikes (rode the Majesty this morning down to pick up new license sticker for the new CB.... btw is anybody else's BMV as big a pain in the rump as Ohio's?..Geesh those people hate their jobs!)
This is one thing I love about AZ's DMV. They want to see as little of us as possible. My current drivers license was issued 11 years ago and doesn't expire for another 12 years. Their website lets you do everything that does not require a personal visit. On top of that, you can even avoid yearly registration renewals (which are done by mail or website). Two years if your vehicle requires an emission test and five years if it doesn't (which now includes all motorcycles). I just renewed the CB750 through March of 2019.
How civilised is that? The best we can do is licenses renewed for 5 years. Registration has to be annual, although you don't have to front up to renew it.
 
The year is going wonderfully for me. The weather is now optimal for riding, and my CB is my daily driver. Using it for my evening courier duties is a blast, changed a job to an afternoon/evening ride. Just did the 4000 mile servicing and my CB is running better and better all of the time. I have logged about 1600 miles seat time in the last month. :D
 
Back
Top