So, how is your year going,riding wise?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
January started off great for me with a 100 mile ST ride New Years Day. Then the weather went to heck and the only other time I got out that month was a CB ride on the 12th good for 27 miles. Total for the month 127 miles

February totally sucked with one ST ride on the 20th good for 55 miles.

March was a little better, I got out 8 times. I had traded in my CB so they were all ST miles..823 of them

April is now in the books..I got out 17 of the 30 days putting 47 miles on the Majesty, 641 on my new 14 dlx CB, and 903 on the ST for 1591 miles

total miles for the year so far 2596

Hope May is a good month

June will be big with a trip to Cali and back, and Sept will be big with a Lake Tahoe, Nevada tour with my wife, and a tour someplace with my brother and son, and my sons father in law (haven't picked location yet)

Kept my record for riding in every month of the year (barely)
 
I don't ride in challenging weather. If it takes more then a couple minutes to put on the gear I take the car. So it's been really slow for me. If it's been warm enough to ride it's been raining. Looks like the next couple days may be better.

I've got the CTX700 all set up to go and have sold one of my collection so I am optimistic that I'll get some seat time soon.

I added a new dog to the family and he's my buddy so I go a pet carrier for the bike and plan to take him along. It will work nicely on the CTX. Have to see how he does. It's a Kuryakyn product and it's very nicely designed. Of course it's only going to work for small dogs.
 
Taking Friday off for a Moto Guzzi Not-A-Rally up in Cottonwood. Intend to do some riding around in northern Arizona on the Griso. Had a professional tuner tweak the suspension the other evening and it's like night and day. While I'm happy with the CB I'm taking her in next. Who knows what surprises await!

It's hard to get away for a decent day ride and with temps rising it will only get harder. sigh.
 
So far, about 200 on the VFR - mostly getting here and there picking up parts, getting tires/chain mounted and non-fun stuff like that. (Though I will say the tire change was part of a meet and greet that was pretty fun.) I've put 300 miles on the DLX by bringing it home from Toledo and some local break-in rides.

Will more than likely do a fly/rent/ride into Seattle sometime this year with my brother. And he'll probably come here and do the same thing in KY/WV.

Overall though, Ferret, I aspire to that kind of riding you get to do!
 
My riding time has been pretty good, weather in N. Cal has been mostly dry and warm. Commuting to work (25 miles one way) 3 or so days a week. weekend rides of 100 miles or so most weekends. 2500 miles logged since March.
 
Last year I had to literally crawl over the bike on one knee to get on it. Every time I put my feet down at stops it hurt like a motherf'er. I couldn't ride more than an hour. Simple maintenance like chain lube was an ordeal.

None of that since early February. I'm doing 500/600 miles a day like it's nothing. The bike is running better than new. I put more miles on it the first quarter of 14 than all of 13 (since March).

My riding season is going GREAT!!!!!!
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
So far, about 200 on the VFR - mostly getting here and there picking up parts, getting tires/chain mounted and non-fun stuff like that. (Though I will say the tire change was part of a meet and greet that was pretty fun.) I've put 300 miles on the DLX by bringing it home from Toledo and some local break-in rides.

Will more than likely do a fly/rent/ride into Seattle sometime this year with my brother. And he'll probably come here and do the same thing in KY/WV.

Overall though, Ferret, I aspire to that kind of riding you get to do!

had to get old and retire to be able to do it Dac. You will get there. Don't rush it.
 
Bad season so far, cold temps and rain have really put a damper on riding. I've been out 3 times on the CB for about 300 miles, pot holes everywhere NYS is the worst.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Last year I had to literally crawl over the bike on one knee to get on it. Every time I put my feet down at stops it hurt like a motherf'er. I couldn't ride more than an hour. Simple maintenance like chain lube was an ordeal.

None of that since early February. I'm doing 500/600 miles a day like it's nothing. The bike is running better than new. I put more miles on it the first quarter of 14 than all of 13 (since March).

My riding season is going GREAT!!!!!!
1369 miles on the cb since March 27. The weather has been great here, hasn't it? Went to West Palm Beach on A1A and US1...just perfect bike for that kind of riding. 40 mph in 4th or 5th, 2200 to 3000, bike is just purring...
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Last year I had to literally crawl over the bike on one knee to get on it. Every time I put my feet down at stops it hurt like a motherf'er. I couldn't ride more than an hour. Simple maintenance like chain lube was an ordeal.

None of that since early February. I'm doing 500/600 miles a day like it's nothing. The bike is running better than new. I put more miles on it the first quarter of 14 than all of 13 (since March).

My riding season is going GREAT!!!!!!

Really great news Spaceman :thumbsup:
 
I have put nearly 500 miles on the cbdlx so far and I am not sure how many miles on the xrl. Odd miles here and there on customer bikes and other projects I have going on. Seattle has been wet up until this week which doesn't bother me too much but it does cut down on my seat time. This year is going to be a busy one for me so riding time is going to have to be a priority for it to happen.
 
Jan 720 miles
Feb 680 miles
Mar 380 miles
April 30 miles
(Thats just on the snow machine!.... It's still considered riding...)
April 65 miles on the 13' CB1100 (I rode in my snowmobile gear)

My Deluxe gets shipped on the 8th, so I should have it by the 14th! I almost considered the F6B last week, but this CB is just too fun to ride!
 
Riding every day now. It finally quit snowing in SE Michigan.
I have put about a 1000 miles on it this year.
The new Tourmaster Sentinel rain gear is great. Keeps me dry and warm.
I commute daily from Dearborn to Ann Arbor.
Will take an early summer trip to the Northern Chesapeake bay area and southern Pennsylania to see my brother Tom. He just got a CJ with sidecar that I can't wait to ride
 
800 miles and the initial oil change thus far… and car one door ding to the muffler for which I spent this morning with a torch, ice and a mallet to work most of it out. There is a slight ripple in the metal but it beats a crease/ding….

 
Thread starter
Parking lot door ding? who parks close enough to a motorcycle to ding it with their door?
 
Thread starter
I would never get over that..I have one ding in my truck and my wife has one ding in her Accord. T's me off everytime I see them. I would kill if someone dinged my bike if I could find them.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Last year I had to literally crawl over the bike on one knee to get on it. Every time I put my feet down at stops it hurt like a motherf'er. I couldn't ride more than an hour. Simple maintenance like chain lube was an ordeal.

None of that since early February. I'm doing 500/600 miles a day like it's nothing. The bike is running better than new. I put more miles on it the first quarter of 14 than all of 13 (since March).

My riding season is going GREAT!!!!!!

Good to hear you're finally clean Spaceman. That crack's a biarch!
 
Back
Top