GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
This is mostly positive news - that's great.EmptySea_imp said:A couple of updates:
It appears that my Cardo device was the impact point on my helmet. There is not a scratch to be found on my Shoei and the Cardo unit is missing. I could have swore I saw the device on my helmet after the crash, but it’s nowhere to be found. It’s possible that the impact point was the hinge for the face shield. The shield came dislodged so it’s possible that the shield knocked the Cardo unit out if its mount.
Also, I cannot find anything wrong with my bike other than the instrument cluster being bent upward, the left mirror torqued inward a bit, and a slight scrape on the left RLET. I pushed the cluster back into place (or close to it) and I’ll readjust the mirror tomorrow. Then I just need to test ride it to see what’s what. I credit the RLET for minimizing the damage.
Lastly, I shared this thread with a friend of mine, Fran, who is an avid and expert rider. He enjoyed the report and really enjoyed the forum members’ comments. He asked me to pass on his kind regards.
RE Cardo: Uh, not nice. With luck it will show up after you replace it with another. Nothin' wrong having another to share.
RE helmet shield: Yeah, funny how that happens. I guess the helmet "thought" you wanted to put the dark shield on.
RE RLET: It also saved damaging the road!

