Slow tire change and getting a loaner

562loosenoodle_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So I got new Metzler tires on my 2013 CB1100/A. Well, my plan was to book an early appointment at my local Honda Dealership. So that is what I did, and went it arriving early. This place is on my way to work. So new tires and then off to work. That was the plan.

I get to the dealer, after a short wait they tell me their mechanic is running late. They can’t guarantee when the bike would be done. The ask if I want a loaner. They offer me a 2019 Gold Wing, but I was concerned that it would be too wide for lane splitting. They then offer me a CTX 700. I was like, yeah cool I will try that bike. I thought the CTX felt really low for traffic. I was almost seated at the same height of an average car. I was impressed with how quickly it got to 70+. My CB starts to make a little fuss at 80. The CTX wanted more. Overall the CTX was ok, mostly boring.

The second day I went back in the morning to get my bike and return the CTX. Well, the bike wasn’t done because their tire machine was busted. They would need it another day.

I asked them if I could have the Gold Wing. They were like sure! The Gold Wing was really a dream to ride. The only thing I didn’t care for, the heat from the motor in Los Angeles traffic, even when splitting lanes, started to cook me. If I had this bike it would be my winter ride.

The next day my bike was ready. I turned in the Gold Wing and headed off to work on my CB. Let me end by saying that I was so happy to be back on my CB. I love this bike. Also shout out to Honda Motorcycle in Carson. Even though it was a bit of a drag not having my bike, I still appreciated the loaners!
 
Wow! Loaner bikes. In L.A. I'm impressed with your dealer. I've been in there and they've always been nice and friendly.
 
A couple of years ago when I brought my CB500XA in for service, my dealer loaned me a Yamaha MT-09 for the day. What a hoot! Certainly not a gentleman's motorcycle. More motor than you will ever need on the road.

It took a couple of days to get use to my CB again.
 
Nice approach :thumbsup:

The best service I ever got was from a car rental company...they gave us poor and tight substitute for requested and reserved a 7 seater minivan, awful service, aggravation, etc...
When we came back from our 3 day trip from NY, I had to talk to the manager, and expressed my total disappointment and not being happy at all...his request was simple and stunning: absolutely no charge for rental....
:)
 
pekingduck_imp said:
Wow! Loaner bikes. In L.A. I'm impressed with your dealer. I've been in there and they've always been nice and friendly.
Really not "loaner" bikes.... these were "demo" rides :P .... the dealer's hoping he'd come back and want to buy, especially the Goldwing. I have a 2008 GW, in late 2007 I was riding a Valkyrie and my dealer had a GW to demo ride. Didn't think I'd be that interested in it but road it for 20 mins... subsequent my wife road it... she was riding a VTX 1800.

By the end of the day we bought two Goldwings..... still riding them today....

Surprised he finds the GW heat to be more noticeable than the CB. I find the CB far more noticeable.
 
Back
Top