Skinny posts

rotor_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I for one will never sell my 3 CB 1100's , they will be probably the last bikes I will own unless I am too weak to put them on the center stand.
If one is 80 kg body weight and can walk up the stairs, he or she can lift this bike on the center stand. (Either that, or the force on the stand lever is not applied directly down).
I weigh 222 pounds and have 27 years of riding experience. All my motorcycles had center stands including my Yamaha XS 1100 decked out with a Vetter fairing, saddlebags and trunk, and my Goldwing Aspencade. Of all my bikes the hardest bike to put on the center stand is my new 2017 CB1100 EX.

It did help when someone mentioned to make sure each of the center stand feet are square to the garage floor and bearing the weight equally. But despite my weight and experience, this bike is still the hardest I have ever owned to place on the stand.

One day I was not standing directly above the center stand lever but in front of it. It rolled up easier than I expected, but I have never been able to repeat it.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
rotor_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I for one will never sell my 3 CB 1100's , they will be probably the last bikes I will own unless I am too weak to put them on the center stand.
If one is 80 kg body weight and can walk up the stairs, he or she can lift this bike on the center stand. (Either that, or the force on the stand lever is not applied directly down).
I weigh 222 pounds and have 27 years of riding experience. All my motorcycles had center stands including my Yamaha XS 1100 decked out with a Vetter fairing, saddlebags and trunk, and my Goldwing Aspencade. Of all my bikes the hardest bike to put on the center stand is my new 2017 CB1100 EX.

It did help when someone mentioned to make sure each of the center stand feet are square to the garage floor and bearing the weight equally. But despite my weight and experience, this bike is still the hardest I have ever owned to place on the stand.

One day I was not standing directly above the center stand lever but in front of it. It rolled up easier than I expected, but I have never been able to repeat it.
I weigh 222 pounds and have 27 years of riding experience Well, there's your problem.

He said you have to weigh 80 kg, not 101. And are you sure you can walk up the stairs? I can't. I climb them.

All joking aside, I affirm your response. A blanket proclamation that anyone should be able to just pop this bike up onto the stand is, well, shall we say, overgeneralized.

I've been riding 35 years and weigh 63 kg. I took my center stand off and used a paddock stand until I sold the bike. Worked great.

I am now looking around for smokin' deals on the 2017EX...it's either that or the CB1000R next year, I think.
 
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.
 
not much for skinny post as i am a " Normal Sized American " and I do love to hear long story's of days gone by , especially about old bikes as i have owned over 40 in my life and they were all cheaper to trade in than my 1st wife....
also don't get me started about the good old days or my journey from Florida at age 16 to Woodstock 1969 with only $18 and 5 of us in a VW van who had 22 one gal cans of Van Camps pork and Beans .
that would be as confusing as listening to the song Alice's Restaurant from beginning to end :beerchug:
 
We've heard of one-finger braking. Popping my 600-lb. K1200RS onto the centerstand requires one toe. It's really well engineered and balanced. My CB is measurably more difficult by comparison, but it's not that hard. I'm 93 kg.
 
At 67 and 220 lbs I have no problem at all putting my CB's on the center stand.
I tell my wife that I can not loose weight and than could have problems getting the bikes on the center stand, somehow she thinks that this is an excuse !
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.

Not trying to take it off, medical condition forcing weight loss. Trust me I'd rather have the weight back.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
I am 72kg, and in a perfectly horizontal surface (underground parking) it requires some effort. As soon as there is a slight slope... it's a strugle for me.

However, it's more about technique than about brute force. If I am doing to much force, I stop, think, try to coordinate my movements, focus, Bruce Lee mindset, and there it goes up.

I wouldn't mind having some extra lenght on that lever though!
 
jtopiso_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
I am 72kg, and in a perfectly horizontal surface (underground parking) it requires some effort. As soon as there is a slight slope... it's a strugle for me.

However, it's more about technique than about brute force. If I am doing to much force, I stop, think, try to coordinate my movements, focus, Bruce Lee mindset, and there it goes up.

I wouldn't mind having some extra lenght on that lever though!
All of us would.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 78 kg (down from 83 kg 8 weeks ago) and I find the CB is mildly difficult to pop up on the center stand.... but compared to my ST 1300 it's a piece of cake lol. I dread putting that whale up, usually get my wife to help. Luckily it usually only goes on the CS every 4,000 miles when I am changing the oil.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.

Not trying to take it off, medical condition forcing weight loss. Trust me I'd rather have the weight back.
That's a little over a pound a week, which is how they say you should do it. Slow to take it off, it stays off.

Not trying to take it off, medical condition forcing weight loss. Trust me I'd rather have the weight back. Most of us are in that boat. Doctors always reminding us to keep the weight down, watch the A1C and cholesterol, blood pressure...chasing numbers, all the time chasing numbers.
 
Here in the Northeast winter is a time to go to bike shops, see what's left over, see if anything new came in, have some coffee (burgers and dogs at the Ducati dealer!), get some new gloves or boots.
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
Here in the Northeast winter is a time to go to bike shops, see what's left over, see if anything new came in, have some coffee (burgers and dogs at the Ducati dealer!), get some new gloves or boots.
That's what I do every other week or so, haunt the bike shops to kill time and see what's new.
 
Back
Top