Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
LongRanger_imp said:STP is the Racer's Edge.
Whatever happened to Andy Granitelli?
You wouldn't dare......would youobleo_imp said:Looks like the posts are getting pretty skinny lately, might have to ask something about what kind of oil people are using? lol

+1The ferret_imp said:at times we (we being the moderators and the administrator) have wondered if the CB was too good of a bike to sustain a forum. I even posted a thread about it once years ago. Wondered if we would run out of things to talk about. The bikes start and run pretty flawlessly and there really isn't much to discuss about them. We are coming up on 5 years on the forum in April and in that time there was some minor paint flaking issues (mostly in England it seems), some minor rust issues under rear fender and front fork trees, and the weird high/low idle issue, oh and a couple of squeaky brakes but for the vast majority of us the bikes have not presented us with issues to post about. I guess the latest is the squeaking clutch pivot. Other than that our bikes have been a joy to own, maintain and ride. We have members with 40,000..50,000..even 60,000 pretty much trouble free miles on them now. Typical Honda. They may not be the most exciting bikes on the planet, not the fastest, not the best handlers, but gosh what great motorcycles.
want to read what your experience could be like if you weren't on a CB, go to a Ducati, or Guzzi forum. I have and after visiting those forums and seeing the issues they have on brand new bikes..transmissions locked up, motors locked up, electrical gremlins, fit and finish issues, I am so happy to have my CB1100.
If it gets a little dull around here at times, I can live with that.
Ferret, with all due respect--I know you haven't swept that "weird high/low idle issue" under the rug, meaning you've gone to lengths to help those of us with the issue by cataloging the symptoms and I thank you for that, seriously. I referred Honda to that page in the letter I wrote them, and printed it our for my customer service manager where I bought the bike.The ferret_imp said:at times we (we being the moderators and the administrator) have wondered if the CB was too good of a bike to sustain a forum. I even posted a thread about it once years ago. Wondered if we would run out of things to talk about. The bikes start and run pretty flawlessly and there really isn't much to discuss about them. We are coming up on 5 years on the forum in April and in that time there was some minor paint flaking issues (mostly in England it seems), some minor rust issues under rear fender and front fork trees, and the weird high/low idle issue, oh and a couple of squeaky brakes but for the vast majority of us the bikes have not presented us with issues to post about. I guess the latest is the squeaking clutch pivot. Other than that our bikes have been a joy to own, maintain and ride. We have members with 40,000..50,000..even 60,000 pretty much trouble free miles on them now. Typical Honda. They may not be the most exciting bikes on the planet, not the fastest, not the best handlers, but gosh what great motorcycles.
want to read what your experience could be like if you weren't on a CB, go to a Ducati, or Guzzi forum. I have and after visiting those forums and seeing the issues they have on brand new bikes..transmissions locked up, motors locked up, electrical gremlins, fit and finish issues, I am so happy to have my CB1100.
If it gets a little dull around here at times, I can live with that.
+1SportsterDoc_imp said:+1The ferret_imp said:at times we (we being the moderators and the administrator) have wondered if the CB was too good of a bike to sustain a forum. I even posted a thread about it once years ago. Wondered if we would run out of things to talk about. The bikes start and run pretty flawlessly and there really isn't much to discuss about them. We are coming up on 5 years on the forum in April and in that time there was some minor paint flaking issues (mostly in England it seems), some minor rust issues under rear fender and front fork trees, and the weird high/low idle issue, oh and a couple of squeaky brakes but for the vast majority of us the bikes have not presented us with issues to post about. I guess the latest is the squeaking clutch pivot. Other than that our bikes have been a joy to own, maintain and ride. We have members with 40,000..50,000..even 60,000 pretty much trouble free miles on them now. Typical Honda. They may not be the most exciting bikes on the planet, not the fastest, not the best handlers, but gosh what great motorcycles.
want to read what your experience could be like if you weren't on a CB, go to a Ducati, or Guzzi forum. I have and after visiting those forums and seeing the issues they have on brand new bikes..transmissions locked up, motors locked up, electrical gremlins, fit and finish issues, I am so happy to have my CB1100.
If it gets a little dull around here at times, I can live with that.
Reminiscent of my 1976 CFB750F.
Oil
Tires
Chain
Maybe brakes (I don't actually use them very much)...
over 5 years and ~40,000 miles.
Think it was a 5 gallon tank, good for ~190 miles.
Nice thing about carbs was being able to run the tank dry/almost dry.
Below is not my bike, but looks exactly the same other than aftermarket exhaust and custom mini-rack on the rear cowling.
[attachment=7221]
Me too. If I take the German CB1100 Forum for example, the amount of posts has slowed down up to a degree where you can nearly call it a standstill in comparison to monthes in which posts very frequently flew in and led to an active exchange of the members. In wintertime most motorbike riders stop riding and the whole aspect of being involved with it and the machine fades somehow away in the background of garages, carports or being literally covered.The ferret_imp said:at times we (we being the moderators and the administrator) have wondered if the CB was too good of a bike to sustain a forum. I even posted a thread about it once years ago. Wondered if we would run out of things to talk about. The bikes start and run pretty flawlessly and there really isn't much to discuss about them. We are coming up on 5 years on the forum in April and in that time there was some minor paint flaking issues (mostly in England it seems), some minor rust issues under rear fender and front fork trees, and the weird high/low idle issue, oh and a couple of squeaky brakes but for the vast majority of us the bikes have not presented us with issues to post about. I guess the latest is the squeaking clutch pivot. Other than that our bikes have been a joy to own, maintain and ride. We have members with 40,000..50,000..even 60,000 pretty much trouble free miles on them now. Typical Honda. They may not be the most exciting bikes on the planet, not the fastest, not the best handlers, but gosh what great motorcycles.
want to read what your experience could be like if you weren't on a CB, go to a Ducati, or Guzzi forum. I have and after visiting those forums and seeing the issues they have on brand new bikes..transmissions locked up, motors locked up, electrical gremlins, fit and finish issues, I am so happy to have my CB1100.
If it gets a little dull around here at times, I can live with that.

+1Dave_imp said:+1SportsterDoc_imp said:+1The ferret_imp said:at times we (we being the moderators and the administrator) have wondered if the CB was too good of a bike to sustain a forum. I even posted a thread about it once years ago. Wondered if we would run out of things to talk about. The bikes start and run pretty flawlessly and there really isn't much to discuss about them. We are coming up on 5 years on the forum in April and in that time there was some minor paint flaking issues (mostly in England it seems), some minor rust issues under rear fender and front fork trees, and the weird high/low idle issue, oh and a couple of squeaky brakes but for the vast majority of us the bikes have not presented us with issues to post about. I guess the latest is the squeaking clutch pivot. Other than that our bikes have been a joy to own, maintain and ride. We have members with 40,000..50,000..even 60,000 pretty much trouble free miles on them now. Typical Honda. They may not be the most exciting bikes on the planet, not the fastest, not the best handlers, but gosh what great motorcycles.
want to read what your experience could be like if you weren't on a CB, go to a Ducati, or Guzzi forum. I have and after visiting those forums and seeing the issues they have on brand new bikes..transmissions locked up, motors locked up, electrical gremlins, fit and finish issues, I am so happy to have my CB1100.
If it gets a little dull around here at times, I can live with that.
Reminiscent of my 1976 CFB750F.
Oil
Tires
Chain
Maybe brakes (I don't actually use them very much)...
over 5 years and ~40,000 miles.
Think it was a 5 gallon tank, good for ~190 miles.
Nice thing about carbs was being able to run the tank dry/almost dry.
Below is not my bike, but looks exactly the same other than aftermarket exhaust and custom mini-rack on the rear cowling.
[attachment=7221]
Reminiscent of my 1976 CFB750F.
I own that exact same bike in your picture - bought it brand new in October 1976 in upstate NY for $1,850.00. It's mostly disassembled in my garage right now because I started a restoration almost two years ago, but haven't touched it in almost a year now. 123,000 miles.