tavoeltav_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
So, last week I decided that I wanted to paint my exhaust. Have the standard 2014 model. So, it being mostly black, I thought I would paint it black to have it match. I have little mechanical experience, so I thought it would be something simple to do.
I started by just taking a look at the mounting points and finding the right tools. I went ahead and took some photos so I could have something to compare with.

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_194351.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_194401.jpg.html]
I went ahead and took the whole exhaust off, unknowing that the muffler was a slip on...
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_205239.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_205611.jpg.html]
Then after a bit of playing around, I cleaned the parts, sanded, cleaned again, and let them dry overnight, save for the heat shield. I went ahead and painted that the same night.
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_221012.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_221019.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_211502.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_212538.jpg.html]
The next day, I prepped for paint! I didn't really have anywhere to paint them, nor hang them so I had to get creative. I found old speaker wire and I used that around the porch columns.
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_112348.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_112357.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_120325.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_120331.jpg.html]
And then I began painting!
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_113228.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_121511.jpg.html]
And now all that was left was to put it all back together! I was curious what the bike would sound like without the muffler, since, as we all know, it is very quiet stock. I started the engine with just the headers on, and I have to say... I do like the way it sounded... I also like being able to hear, however, so I put the muffler back on. I did get a video of that with some decent sound.
[url=http://vid666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/tavoeltav/CB1100%20No%20Muffler.mp4]http://vid666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/tavoeltav/CB1100%20No%20Muffler.mp4
After all of that, I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!
:clap: 

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_180300.jpg.html]
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_180308.jpg.html]
I started by just taking a look at the mounting points and finding the right tools. I went ahead and took some photos so I could have something to compare with.

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_194351.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_194401.jpg.html]

I went ahead and took the whole exhaust off, unknowing that the muffler was a slip on...
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_205239.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_205611.jpg.html]

Then after a bit of playing around, I cleaned the parts, sanded, cleaned again, and let them dry overnight, save for the heat shield. I went ahead and painted that the same night.
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_221012.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_221019.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_211502.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151019_212538.jpg.html]

The next day, I prepped for paint! I didn't really have anywhere to paint them, nor hang them so I had to get creative. I found old speaker wire and I used that around the porch columns.
[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_112348.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_112357.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_120325.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_120331.jpg.html]

And then I began painting!

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_113228.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_121511.jpg.html]

And now all that was left was to put it all back together! I was curious what the bike would sound like without the muffler, since, as we all know, it is very quiet stock. I started the engine with just the headers on, and I have to say... I do like the way it sounded... I also like being able to hear, however, so I put the muffler back on. I did get a video of that with some decent sound.
[url=http://vid666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/tavoeltav/CB1100%20No%20Muffler.mp4]http://vid666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/tavoeltav/CB1100%20No%20Muffler.mp4
After all of that, I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!
:clap: 

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_180300.jpg.html]

[url=http://s666.photobucket.com/user/tavoeltav/media/20151020_180308.jpg.html]
