silver wheels

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just picked up my silver wheels from the local postoffice,send by Takashi about a week ago.
They look (in my opinion ) so much nicer than the black ones,I will install them late winter and probably go with a 150 rear tire (Avon?)
Hopefully the 2014 model will come with a silver engine,other not to your liking parts can easy be changed .
If they again come with a black engine I might want to think twice about buying an other one,I already sold my 79 CBX to make room in the garage,it is going all the way to Australia.
 
Wow! Congratulations. Can't wait to see the pictures. I love the mods you've already made. Your bike is going to look fantastic!

The CBX sale had to be a hard one. Sounds like someone wants it bad to ship halfway around the world.
 
Thread starter
The cost of both wheels including shipping to NC was $1225.81,paid thru Paypal.I might get an invoice for duty from the USA Customs.Only one time did I get aCustom Duty invoice for about $45 after I imported some Ohlins shocks from the UK.
 
The black wheels with the polished rims are one of my favorite features of the CB1100s here in the States although I do like the silver painted engines. But I can understand the temptation to create your own vision for the bike. Look forward to seeing photos of your CB with the new wheels mounted.
 
Personally, I like the black engine with the aluminum covers. To me the silver engine looks plain and boring. If the US version of the engine had been optional I would have paid extra to get it. But that's just me and as someone else previously stated I enjoy seeing other peoples versions of what is "cool".
 
silascopathic_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
I was thinking of having the stock wheels powder coated.
Thats what i did, cost me $160 and i couldn't be happier
Thats what i did, cost me $160 and i couldn't be happier
Silas,
Very cool! Can you post some pics? I would have thought I would like the black & silver wheels but after seeing them both ways on the Total site, I like the silver much better. As far as the engine is concerned, I like it either way.
 
air charlie_imp said:
Personally, I like the black engine with the aluminum covers. To me the silver engine looks plain and boring. If the US version of the engine had been optional I would have paid extra to get it. But that's just me and as someone else previously stated I enjoy seeing other peoples versions of what is "cool".
I feel the same way as well (I think the US version is THE BEST configuration over Euro/Asian) but everyone has their own opinions about what looks good and that's why there are so many options to choose from. Good thing too otherwise things would get kinda monotonous!
 
Houtman -

Hope you get a chance to swap out the wheels and take some pictures soon. It will be a unique combination.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Houtman -

Hope you get a chance to swap out the wheels and take some pictures soon. It will be a unique combination.
Hi,I will do this in late winter or early spring.This gives me time to look for a different tire.
 
Back
Top