Silodrome

Fantastic old footage from the "73 F1 race at the Nurburgring on this site. The good old days before pit stops and tire strategy, flat out sprint race like Motogp. In the old film, Jacky Stewart and his team mate Francois Cevert can be seen leading in the blue Ford powered Tyrells. Later that year I attended the race at Watkins Glen, NY. In practice Cevert was killed and Stewart withdrew from the race, never to race again.
 
Thread starter
Wow ! I was in Watkins Glen in 73' too. But it wasn't to watch races......

Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead and the Band


 
Chapomis_imp said:
Wow ! I was in Watkins Glen in 73' too. But it wasn't to watch races......

Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead and the Band


Did we all really look like that back then? LOL

And how about those cars, some real "winners", Gremlins and Vegas. Pintos and assorted old US "land yachts". What a time and I do miss it, 25 and single then.
 
Back
Top