Side engine cover questions.

pedro_k_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Good morning. I scratched this cover which I believe is a Right Crankcase cover. I think I've identified the part as COVER, R. CRANKCASE
11311-MGC-920 according to hondapartshouse.com Is this correct?
Oh, it's a 2014 CB1100 with anti-lock breaks.

My questions: will I need a gasket? where would I find torque specs for the bolts.
I'm assuming an oil draining will be necessary. I'm pretty handy and I looks straight forward, but if you know of any difficulties please let me know.
One more thing. I see a few model types listed for this model. SA, etc. Which is mine? It's a red CB1100 from 2014 with anti-lock breaks. Can someone tell me the correct model designation?
Finally, where would I get a repair manual for this bike? Many questions and I sure to appreciate any responses. All the best!
 
when my local shop replaced that part after I was sideswiped, they replaced the gaskets. I'm not knowledgeable enough to give real advice, just telling you what they felt they needed to do.
 
I’m happy to look at the torque specs tomorrow. Your bike is the 2014 CB1100 SA AC.
 
The service manual is available from Helminc.com or your dealer. Info for this is in the back of your owners manual.

The covers on the right side of the bike do not have gaskets. The big cover is the Clutch Cover. The small one is the right crankcase cover.

When installing the crankcase cover, Three Bond 1207B or equivalent is used to seal it. There is no torque specs listed for those bolts. Manual says “...tighten the bolts securely”. If one decides that isn’t good enough, you use the Standard Torque Values table in the front of the manual. It lists torques for the variously sized fasteners for use where none is specified.

Where are you in VA? I’m in Va. Beach. And I have Three Bond 1207B
 
Thank you popgun. It will save me having to unearth The Manual!
 
Thread starter
Thank you all! VA Beach - I'm in Northern VA - but thanks for the offer. I think I'll get some sealer and have a go at replacing the cover.
 
Pedro check your PMs
 
Back
Top