SIDE COVERS

CBMALTA_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me. I'm making a cafe racer from a 1977 Honda CB750 and the frame looks very similar to the CB1100.
I would like to see if I can fit the CB1100 side covers on the CB750.
Can someone help me out by giving me the measurements of one of the side covers?
I want to be sure they can fit before ordering.
Best Regards
Rene
 
CBMALTA_imp said:
Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me. I'm making a cafe racer from a 1977 Honda CB750 and the frame looks very similar to the CB1100.
I would like to see if I can fit the CB1100 side covers on the CB750.
Can someone help me out by giving me the measurements of one of the side covers?
I want to be sure they can fit before ordering.
Best Regards
Rene
Can anyone help Rene out. Both my bikes are in winter storage and I can't get to them at least for another month. Mickey?
 
The 13 (triangular) and 14 side covers (rectangular looking but actually rectangular with a triangle "tail" that's black) are different and I would think it would be hard to give you any measurements that you could use. I measured mine (14 dlx) at 12" at the widest part across the top and 8 1/2 " from top to very bottom but hardly see how those measurements would tell you anything? I would think a trip to a dealer with a big sheet of paper and a pencil to trace around it and a ruler to measure mount points etc would be your best bet.
 
I would also think that measuring and then communicating the measurements would be less than accurate.
Maybe someone who has replaced their covers with a different color could send him a set to use for measurements and then he could return them?
 
Could somebody measure as best they could the front and rear sides of the side panels on a 13 model? My 14 has a rectangular front side but the back measures 9 3/4" as best I can measure. CBmalta is interested in the triangular shaped ones off of a 13.. His problem is CB1100s are not imported to Malta.






.
 
I took pictures holding a ruler next to the cover. They are on the attached pdf. You may need to zoom on the pdf to see better.

1845101f23243ea122e66762df960d50.gif
Cover.pdf (Size: 223.56 KB / Downloads: 39)
 
Thanks Allen. I sent CBMalta a pm telling him to check here
 
Back
Top