Side bags soft for 2014 CB1100

omnimj_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Can anyone recommend side bags (soft) for a 2014 Honda CB 1100SAE? Since I live in Belgrade, Serbia, it would be preferable for the delivery to be from Europe.
 
I have the Tourmaster Select bags, small but good enough for my stuff for a week or so on the road.

2f0e38e7f58d48b4e3bef093c5b40db4.jpg


https://www.motorcyclehouse.com/tour-master-select-saddle-bags
 
That was a long time ago lol
 
I like it. I see your rear signals have been relocated, which I want to do. I assume this is required for the panniers, if so how did you (or what kit did you buy) to accomplish this?



DutchRutter_imp said:
I have these sw-motechs. They are a semi rigid. Soft but maintain their shape. I like them. But I wish the top strap could be placed under the seat for a cleaner look. I can also use the bags and still carry a passenger pretty comfortably.

https://sw-motech.us/products/luggage/saddlebags/BLAZE/4052572048832.htm

22050b59ade53f11b811f0f30a1097c6.jpg

400d91ed4e885e32133262ac78ee7804.jpg

23902eb7ca564e57b383995130ec44b0.jpg
 
Ollie_imp said:
I like it. I see your rear signals have been relocated, which I want to do. I assume this is required for the panniers, if so how did you (or what kit did you buy) to accomplish this?



DutchRutter_imp said:
I have these sw-motechs. They are a semi rigid. Soft but maintain their shape. I like them. But I wish the top strap could be placed under the seat for a cleaner look. I can also use the bags and still carry a passenger pretty comfortably.

https://sw-motech.us/products/luggage/saddlebags/BLAZE/4052572048832.htm

22050b59ade53f11b811f0f30a1097c6.jpg

400d91ed4e885e32133262ac78ee7804.jpg

23902eb7ca564e57b383995130ec44b0.jpg
The relocation kit actually came with the bags. Pretty easy, cut and splice the included extra wire. The one thing I wish could have been done better was the wire run. Basically, I put it under the tail light then from the tail light on top of the fender and under the seat. I tried my damndest to run them through the fender like the rear taillight wire but I could not get them through there. You don't see the wires much unless you take the seat off and actually look for them. But I would prefer the wires to be hidden better.

That being said, it's a small price for the added functionality.
 
Thank you Dutch. So complete with panniers, stays, and relocation bracket, I think I'm ordering this.
 
Ollie_imp said:
Thank you Dutch. So complete with panniers, stays, and relocation bracket, I think I'm ordering this.
No problem at all. I'm happy to actually be of help on here.
Correct, it comes with everything you'll need. I think they did a very good job with the quick removal. Take apart the velcro on the top of the seat (I have not found any way to put this under the seat), seperate a clip on each of the forward part of the bags, then the bags slide off the mounting rods, the rods can then be removed by pressing their clip and pulling them straight out the back.

cc30c7b01263fb88b2708702abcdf876.jpg


When installing them, take care not to overtighten the plastic (sturdy plastic but still plastic) mounts which hold the rods onto the rear peg support. I broke one of mine, but was able to order a replacement pair through SW-Motech fairly cheaply.
 
It appears the Tourmaster Select Saddlebags are no longer available from Tourmaster
 
Back
Top