Show your lid

Got a good price on this from a local dealer at our motorcycle show, so basically had to pull the trigger. Not a massive believer in open face helmets, but this should be good for riding around the city. Now to find some goggles.

 
kmoney_imp said:
Got a good price on this from a local dealer at our motorcycle show, so basically had to pull the trigger. Not a massive believer in open face helmets, but this should be good for riding around the city. Now to find some goggles.
I like it! It looks like it has a snap at the back to keep your goggles in place. Is that what that is? I ordered a set of Biltwell goggles with my Gringo helmet. I'm not sure if I'll use them but decided to give them a try. I'm concerned that if I wear the goggles, I'll need to start wearing a long white scarf and packing a pipe under the seat for stretch breaks. Neither of which are too offensive.
 
Yeah, that is a goggle strap on the back. Haha, I sort of had the same feeling about going for the open face and goggles look, and I'm sure some of my friends will call me a hipster for it, but hey at the end of day I figure bikes are all about individual expression so...
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Like you don't have a pipe under your seat already, MG.
That's where you're wrong MTC. Inside left breast pocket for the pipe with a pouch of tobacco in the right side exterior vest pocket. I was considering moving the pipe under the seat because it tends to scratch my monocle; particularly during aggressive cornering.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I was thinking less of the 221B Baker Street kind of pipe and more of the 420 Baked Street kind.
Ah! Then you're absolutely right. Under the seat for sure.

My new helmet came in yesterday. I think I'll try it out for this morning's commute. I'm not exactly sold on the goggles. They don't seem to fit well in the space allowed which is surprising given that they are made (sold) by the same company that made the helmet. They'll probably work with my 3/4 helmet.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
I was thinking less of the 221B Baker Street kind of pipe and more of the 420 Baked Street kind.
Ah! Then you're absolutely right. Under the seat for sure.

My new helmet came in yesterday. I think I'll try it out for this morning's commute. I'm not exactly sold on the goggles. They don't seem to fit well in the space allowed which is surprising given that they are made (sold) by the same company that made the helmet. They'll probably work with my 3/4 helmet.
Somebody in that company needs to go back to sweeping the floor.
 
Got a picture of the goggles, MG?

I hope they look something like this.



I had some sorta like that with my first bike.
 
I have a pair of that looks just like that around here someplace, I have never used
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Got a picture of the goggles, MG?

I hope they look something like this.



I had some sorta like that with my first bike.
I used to have a pair that looked just like that. Not for motorcycling, though. They were for flying one of these :

2018fe25c1d90c07cdd996f8c260ddab.jpg


It never occurred to me to use them on the bike :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Got a picture of the goggles, MG?

I hope they look something like this.



I had some sorta like that with my first bike.
I wish they looked like those! Haha. I really like those.
The ferret_imp said:
I have a pair of that looks just like that around here someplace, I have never used
If you find them and aren't too attached to them, I'd be happy to buy them from you. They look much more low profile than the Biltwell goggles I ended up with. Name your price!

The ones I have look like this:

 
Flynrider, can't see the picture, at least on my iPad.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Got a picture of the goggles, MG?

I hope they look something like this.



I had some sorta like that with my first bike.
Those goggles are awesome. I have the exact same pair -- they're a compact version specifically for fitting in the opening of open-faced helmets. Some good deals from eBay sellers on them right now.

They're "Halcyon Mk 9"s by the way -- supposed to be a replica/tribute to the RAF pilot goggles.
 
kmoney_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Got a picture of the goggles, MG?

I hope they look something like this.



I had some sorta like that with my first bike.
Those goggles are awesome. I have the exact same pair -- they're a compact version specifically for fitting in the opening of open-faced helmets. Some good deals from eBay sellers on them right now.

They're "Halcyon Mk 9"s by the way -- supposed to be a replica/tribute to the RAF pilot goggles.
Good to know kmoney! If the ferret is feeling all sentimental about his pair of goggles, I'll just search eBay for them.
 
Intrigued by the turn this thread has taken I thought I would post some photos of my favourite "lid", a Davida Classic Jet. I have owned it for a tad over thirty years and still use it occasionally, mainly for a quick spin to the beach or shops, especially in hot weather. The googles are Halcyon BS4110s. The strap has been replaced once or twice, otherwise as bought with the helmet.

7a382d306737665f3cad295bdf659708.jpeg


ef958e71f6f0b1adbb7db2c1d8b2a364.jpg


The stickers I put on the helmet I thought both funny and appropriate. What a mature and responsible citizen I was in those days :). Come to think of it I still think they are both funny and appropriate. Ah well, leopards and all that stuff!

f82865fa42cdc5863736454db0091f87.jpg


a736087ee8b0b7058f021f0ad597efb3.jpg


0b3e734cf66f7a3bb6d21ccb96619a19.jpg


ad23c505e412167ce5e006aa4feb8d2f.jpg


My other two lids are very boring in comparison with my beloved Davida. Darling, ever one to speak to the point, calls it my "Wallace and Gromit" hat. She hasn't clarified whether I'm Wallace or Gromit. And I'm not asking.

Cheers
 
Chapomis, you're a gromit.

No. It's OK. Don't thank me. This forum can help out with anything. :D


 
Back
Top