Shorty pipe and center stand

Chuckk_imp said:
thank you guys, for the welcome.. I may try to send pics later..
THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to Chuckk
Here he goes::

Here are some pics of center stand project..

6bee2e177a78668592bc58dde2151dda.jpg


245697a2cb7378c26d0985abf2d84a41.jpg

while I was at the muffler shop, I had the guy weld the nut to the center stand ..

50190ca13171a822dd58331eb5a32fe8.jpg


8226041a984cfa179b22d98fd9e76a6b.jpg

...a teflon pad attached to the swingarm

9a93ae415f5c8e36721a6390297e08db.jpg


35866a2a17dc4bcfe2df3fdd3318db4a.jpg

it was a little noisy so I replaced it with hard rubber.. I removed the magnet after finding out the additional weight caused a problem .. it over taxed the restoring spring..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

9fbf2d4c5faeb282ef4bdccfe5e2fc99.jpg


59bdd3e11c90dd718da2dcab2c7c3b69.jpg

took the bike into the muffler shop to have the two short header extensions made to accommodate the emgo shorty reverse mufflers.. I have repacked the shorties already..

8c6bff4c774308bf3bff1ec286ded312.jpg


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is some other project::

0e8f962641e4a8fff2aee7ca339d4df5.jpg


6a48fee6c7b47182e18b487a6e7463a4.jpg


8bf993d3189ff06b31675f80d182b94e.jpg


b1a81d564bdf8187345257b126f1407f.jpg



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chuckk >> please excuse any errors...
 
good night what a thorough project. That's why I don't try and make things. Don't have those kind of skills!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
thank you guys, for the welcome.. I may try to send pics later..
THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to Chuckk
Here he goes::

Here are some pics of center stand project..

6bee2e177a78668592bc58dde2151dda.jpg


245697a2cb7378c26d0985abf2d84a41.jpg

while I was at the muffler shop, I had the guy weld the nut to the center stand ..

50190ca13171a822dd58331eb5a32fe8.jpg


8226041a984cfa179b22d98fd9e76a6b.jpg

...a teflon pad attached to the swingarm

9a93ae415f5c8e36721a6390297e08db.jpg


35866a2a17dc4bcfe2df3fdd3318db4a.jpg

it was a little noisy so I replaced it with hard rubber.. I removed the magnet after finding out the additional weight caused a problem .. it over taxed the restoring spring..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

9fbf2d4c5faeb282ef4bdccfe5e2fc99.jpg


59bdd3e11c90dd718da2dcab2c7c3b69.jpg

took the bike into the muffler shop to have the two short header extensions made to accommodate the emgo shorty reverse mufflers.. I have repacked the shorties already..

8c6bff4c774308bf3bff1ec286ded312.jpg


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is some other project::

0e8f962641e4a8fff2aee7ca339d4df5.jpg


6a48fee6c7b47182e18b487a6e7463a4.jpg


8bf993d3189ff06b31675f80d182b94e.jpg


b1a81d564bdf8187345257b126f1407f.jpg



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chuckk >> please excuse any errors...
THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to Chuckk
Here he goes::

Here are some pics of center stand project..

24fa8a1de1b17ef0306b4b916f6e9179.jpg


587d1f60e229786c8d4933be6cc75199.jpg

while I was at the muffler shop, I had the guy weld the nut to the center stand ..

9c77cfb67203c16aa366ba19dc033a95.jpg


da8fbefac5f215153cb6bf3b60926fc4.jpg

...a teflon pad attached to the swingarm

3365c95a7d9a5f2424183e8b71baf2dc.jpg


3c5c6791fad7e705ad547ed198fea55b.jpg

it was a little noisy so I replaced it with hard rubber.. I removed the magnet after finding out the additional weight caused a problem .. it over taxed the restoring spring..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

c50888fc2ef7a61113ea372b3cd455ea.jpg


e50e8b7a3dac0cf0ee2d3d72868619e2.jpg

took the bike into the muffler shop to have the two short header extensions made to accommodate the emgo shorty reverse mufflers.. I have repacked the shorties already..

c8c9f5d32f8e55faae5896976c0d8c69.jpg


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is some other project::

bd6543a9789f8b76ee0662d73f5074cf.jpg


93edb9eec78c424773fb95a60e5b4c9f.jpg


e32d1ae5b90f19a352770d7d0a6550c3.jpg


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chuckk >> please excuse any errors...
:cool:
thanks Peter for all of your help posting the pics.. chuck j.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
 
domeular_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
my experience with running the two ergo shorties was, the sound wasn't a deep enough tone.. I repacked them and it made a nice difference.. the stock packing is kinda lacking .. I hope to send pics thru Peter.. I have also revised my magnet location for traffic signals as well as removing the teflon pad I mounted on the swing arm and replacing it with a solid rubber one that I made out of an old rubber foot peg.. nice and quiet now, when taking the bike off of the center stand .. Chuckk j.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
domeular_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
my experience with running the two ergo shorties was, the sound wasn't a deep enough tone.. I repacked them and it made a nice difference.. the stock packing is kinda lacking .. I hope to send pics thru Peter.. I have also revised my magnet location for traffic signals as well as removing the teflon pad I mounted on the swing arm and replacing it with a solid rubber one that I made out of an old rubber foot peg.. nice and quiet now, when taking the bike off of the center stand .. Chuckk j.
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
my experience with running the two ergo shorties was, the sound wasn't a deep enough tone.. I repacked them and it made a nice difference.. the stock packing is kinda lacking .. I hope to send pics thru Peter.. I have also revised my magnet location for traffic signals as well as removing the teflon pad I mounted on the swing arm and replacing it with a solid rubber one that I made out of an old rubber foot peg.. nice and quiet now, when taking the bike off of the center stand .. Chuckk j.
PICS EDIT FOR CHUCKK

1d995d7660312b8d4d492cdeb52f44d1.jpg


a3a3b86b0a2727b2900c07f3fc933464.jpg


2457c9fa5d14247b1df6ed458e753ac1.jpg


:)
 
Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
 
Desert viper_imp said:
A real pain for me whenever leaving my gated community...I have to take my gate clicker with me and exit thru the entrance gate....
Viper..... install a magnet on your bike !! .. haha .. I have had to go through a few traffic signals before I installed the magnets .. I would have waited there for years and the signal wouldn't have changed for me..
 
We have a couple like that. Fortunately we also have a law that says you only have to wait a reasonable amount of time before running it.

Is it legal to run a red light on a motorcycles?
To alleviate this aggravation, some states have passed "safe on red" laws that allow motorcyclists to legally drive through red lights. ... And, while it may sound dangerous for a driver to run a red light, if the rules put in place by state statues are properly followed it shouldn't be.Nov 26, 2013
 
Chuckk_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
Hey Chuckk, no problem. The loops measure a change in induction signal frequency due to the permeability/interference of the metallic vehicle. If the signal drift is enough, then the system determines a meaningful vehicle is waiting on a red light.

I have found the CB half the time seems to have an effect. Motorcycles don't have the metallic surface area of cars. The other issue is sometimes the road loops are broken (open circuit).
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
Hey Chuckk, no problem. The loops measure a change in induction signal frequency due to the permeability/interference of the metallic vehicle. If the signal drift is enough, then the system determines a meaningful vehicle is waiting on a red light.

I have found the CB half the time seems to have an effect. Motorcycles don't have the metallic surface area of cars. The other issue is sometimes the road loops are broken (open circuit).
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.
Hey Chuckk, no problem. The loops measure a change in induction signal frequency due to the permeability/interference of the metallic vehicle. If the signal drift is enough, then the system determines a meaningful vehicle is waiting on a red light.

I have found the CB half the time seems to have an effect. Motorcycles don't have the metallic surface area of cars. The other issue is sometimes the road loops are broken (open circuit). I guess our little CB's just aren't that meaningful ..haha .. there is one left hand turn signal that gives me trouble.. I have yet to test my magnets on it.. how does the magnets enter into the equation .. or is that a different sensing system ... chuckk j.[/b]
 
viper.. did you see where I mounted mine, on the swinging arm? I bought a pair from harbor freight (cheap) .. then applied a little adhesive to them and placed them where I wanted them.. the adhesive might keep them from wandering or falling off ..
 
domeular_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.
Hey, how did this slip on work out for you? I’ve been looking into the same shorty but wasn’t sure how it’d work with the center stand. I’m trying to keep it too. What solution did you come up with? Or did you even need a solution? Was it an easy installation?

Cheers
 
Back
Top