peterbaron
Road warrior
Chuckk, what do you use, Imgur???, if yes, follow post #19
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to ChuckkChuckk_imp said:thank you guys, for the welcome.. I may try to send pics later..
THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to Chuckkpeterbaron_imp said:THIS POST BELONGS TO CHUCKK, I just edit his pics, if any questions, address'em to ChuckkChuckk_imp said:thank you guys, for the welcome.. I may try to send pics later..
Here he goes::
Here are some pics of center stand project..
![]()
![]()
while I was at the muffler shop, I had the guy weld the nut to the center stand ..
![]()
![]()
...a teflon pad attached to the swingarm
![]()
![]()
it was a little noisy so I replaced it with hard rubber.. I removed the magnet after finding out the additional weight caused a problem .. it over taxed the restoring spring..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
![]()
![]()
took the bike into the muffler shop to have the two short header extensions made to accommodate the emgo shorty reverse mufflers.. I have repacked the shorties already..
![]()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Here is some other project::
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Chuckk >> please excuse any errors...
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.Frulk_imp said:Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.domeular_imp said:I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.Frulk_imp said:Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.Chuckk_imp said:I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.domeular_imp said:I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.Frulk_imp said:Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!
my experience with running the two ergo shorties was, the sound wasn't a deep enough tone.. I repacked them and it made a nice difference.. the stock packing is kinda lacking .. I hope to send pics thru Peter.. I have also revised my magnet location for traffic signals as well as removing the teflon pad I mounted on the swing arm and replacing it with a solid rubber one that I made out of an old rubber foot peg.. nice and quiet now, when taking the bike off of the center stand .. Chuckk j.

G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
Viper..... install a magnet on your bike !! .. haha .. I have had to go through a few traffic signals before I installed the magnets .. I would have waited there for years and the signal wouldn't have changed for me..Desert viper_imp said:A real pain for me whenever leaving my gated community...I have to take my gate clicker with me and exit thru the entrance gate....
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.Chuckk_imp said:G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.Chuckk_imp said:G.O...... I have never understood the science behind the signal light sensors.. I had always thought it was the amount of mass of the vehicle.. bottom line, by adding magnets to the bottom of the bike, the signal light sensors recognized me here in California .. chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:Most of our signal light road sensors in Canada are induction loop types (opposed to magnetic sensor). The loop's frequency varies when a metallic vehicle crosses into the loop area.
Hey Chuckk, no problem. The loops measure a change in induction signal frequency due to the permeability/interference of the metallic vehicle. If the signal drift is enough, then the system determines a meaningful vehicle is waiting on a red light.
I have found the CB half the time seems to have an effect. Motorcycles don't have the metallic surface area of cars. The other issue is sometimes the road loops are broken (open circuit).
I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.domeular_imp said:I definitely will! I'm blacking out the bike, so I will post before and after photos when it's complete...or mostly complete. The shorty was the 1st thing I changed on the bike and I love the sound. My little brother just bought the exact same bike and is going to do it in glossy black and chrome. He's doing the chrome version of the same shorty. I will post photos when mine is ready.Frulk_imp said:Let us know how you like that new exhaust once you have it on the bike. Just from the pics it looks LOUD!!!