Short Ride is better than NO Ride

Got to agree with you there.

Pictures are kinda small and can't tell what you are trying to show on the right one.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Got to agree with you there.

Pictures are kinda small and can't tell what you are trying to show on the right one.
Its the back tire yeah the images have to be 250 kb so re sizing makes them so small to post in the forum. I don't like that
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
Looks like one"fat" tire, maybe an Avon, and a carbon fiber chain guard?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Yes carbon fiber chain guard and tire is Pirelli Angel GT wider than stock
 
Doug, if you use a photo hosting site your pics will be hi def. Most here use imgur.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Doug, if you use a photo hosting site your pics will be hi def. Most here use imgur.
I have used Irfranview for years maybe i'll check out Imgur. Do you post on imgur then add link? I am on laptop not phone this looks like an app for phones more. I have used Irfranview for years maybe i'll check out Imgur. Do you post on imgur then add link? I am on laptop not phone this looks like an app for phones more. Someone let me know if this link is viewable? Maybe the pictures are better here? Let me know, Thanks
 
Cormanus is the man to ask for details, but it works for PCs

I use photobucket, but it isn’t free. For them, you upload your pic, copy the link they list, then paste it into your post on the board. When you hit post reply, your post will show the pic, not the link. If wanted, users can click on your pic and it will show from imgur, or photobucket. And you can expand it real big. Thats how some of us notice the little things on your bike, or in your garage! :)
Doug, yes, the link is viewable. And hi def!
 
Doug,

Infranview is image display and manipulation software. Imgur, photobucket, postimage are all web-based sites to which you can upload photos. You can share links directly with people or through bulletin boards like this. Some other photo hosting sites like Google, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive allow you to share, but to link from boards.

Check out max’s tutorial on using Imgur http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12717

By the way, from a user perspective, using a photo hosting site is preferable to reducing the size of the image and uploading it. First because the quality is better and you can link to a higher resolution image. Secondly, because some manage to reduce the image file size without reducing the image dimensions which makes some pages irritatingly difficult to read.
 
For short rides I always have my favourite circuit through downtown and then out on to the freeway for a lively short sprint, then settle back on calm side roads.
 
My shortest rides are no less than 70 km, and only twice shrank to 30 km due to heavy wind and rain..
 
Photo file size
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Doug, if you use a photo hosting site your pics will be hi def. Most here use imgur.
An image of 800x600 is ideal for forum use, and if saved as .jpg with compression fitting for the web presentation (level 6 or so in most image manipulation programs) it will typically be at most 150Kb.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
My shortest rides are no less than 70 km, and only twice shrank to 30 km due to heavy wind and rain..
My short rides are typically bounded by poor or very cold weather. Sometimes I plan for a normal ride, but quickly convert to the short circuit ride because of unexpected bad weather, or I forgot a piece of critical cold weather garment that I thought I wouldn't need. :dodgy:
 
my shortest one way is always minimum 20-25 km for a coffe by my dealer.....and after again back....for my understanding: not total backroads but too not urban...
 
My personal minimum for a ride is 30 miles, even if conditions are horrible
... hot, cold, windy, raining, snowing, dark (all part of the experience for me)...however sometimes under extenuating circumstances I don't ride that far. Like last year, I took a ride when it was -2F and I only rode 25 miles. That was plenty that day lol.

If dropping a bike off for service at my local dealer that is going to require an overnight stay, I might only get in 10 or 11 miles that day although that is pretty rare. Once a year maybe.

If I ride 300 days in a year, 297 of those rides will be over 30 miles.
 
My shortest is about 1.5 miles, down to the lake to see what legs are showing. Perfect for the Monkey. After I get my fill and grab a cone at the Baskin-Robbins, I take the long way home, about six miles.
 
The ferret_imp said:
My personal minimum for a ride is 30 miles, even if conditions are horrible
... hot, cold, windy, raining, snowing, dark (all part of the experience for me)...however sometimes under extenuating circumstances I don't ride that far. Like last year, I took a ride when it was -2F and I only rode 25 miles. That was plenty that day lol.

If dropping a bike off for service at my local dealer that is going to require an overnight stay, I might only get in 10 or 11 miles that day although that is pretty rare. Once a year maybe.

If I ride 300 days in a year, 297 of those rides will be over 30 miles.
I actually draw a certain line on "hot", that is, hot and profuse humidity and where traffic congestion is unavoidable. If I need to arrive somewhere (e.g. like a work place, or client) and need not smell like urinatic acid of a cyclist or runner (or some biker who may never wash their jacket/liners), and not be greased down by sweat, then the helmet/CB thing does not work. Maximum carbon footprint A/C cage is the way to go.

In regards to cold, hard rain, not a problem if part of the plan - in fact it is enjoyable away from traffic. However, I would never choose to optionally ride in such conditions if not necessary. Have well enough experience and fortunate to have the luxury to choose. Maybe more meaningful, the partner may not approve while I am still able to work. :sleepy:
 
lol it's different when you retire and no longer have to meet clients, or bosses or anyone but your wife when you get home from your ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
lol it's different when you retire and no longer have to meet clients, or bosses or anyone but your wife when you get home from your ride.
I am looking forward to it :) ... but not in a rush to get there.

I reckon if there is a life insurance policy, then all parties can, well, ... , party!
 
Back
Top