SHINY HEADERS

PowerDubs_imp said:
Now do the valve cover.
f215ccd48ba66942a64be0b97b308419.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, I like to have the "shiny" as a contrast to, and not to overpower, the black. I actually like the black valve covers. After all, black is beautiful!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
The ferret_imp said:
I like it. nice job Retsel
Thanks Micky!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Gentlemen,

I'm pretty sure I was the first to Jet Hot chrome finish my SS CB1100 header and it's now sever years old with about 5000 miles since coating. It looks as good today as the day I had it done. Before installing the header after coating it should be polished with Cape Cod polish and it will be a lot shinier. Cheers.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I'm pretty sure I was the first to Jet Hot chrome finish my SS CB1100 header and it's now sever years old with about 5000 miles since coating. It looks as good today as the day I had it done. Before installing the header after coating it should be polished with Cape Cod polish and it will be a lot shinier. Cheers.

Chip
Hey Chip, it was your excellent post that gave me the idea to Jet Hot my pipes. I remember that you ground down the welding slagg before having them coated. Was there anything else, pre-coating, that you would recommend? As I said I'd do a little sanding if I were to do it again.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The deluxe had chrome headers. Not sure about the ‘14 standard. The chrome headers was one of the features of the DLX.
The 14 standard are stainless. Fear not, there is a solution! Jet-Hot!
182f1c353118f683e3e8874b32401abc.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
e6dc981a4b7f206ab78d80850579046e.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
8879f8a640d3687b5f9854313fc4ac68.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
25eb741faaf5b7cfb45f8703bc9bb5f4.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
88ad8e0e0502b5c772aebcc3e377ce3b.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
f684622812fe24fa324863da1bb1ead5.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Could you tell me exactly how you did this? You can PM me if you’d like. Thanks.
 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Thanks. Unfortunately cannot view photos though cause Photobucket.
Did you load a photobucket hotlink fix to your browser? The version for Chrome works great for me.

Do a web search for: photobucket hotlink fix and load the version to suit your browser. Then you can view any of the previously posted photos on this or other forums for free.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Hmmmm, I do like the look of the polished valve covers. I'll have to think about that one.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The deluxe had chrome headers. Not sure about the ‘14 standard. The chrome headers was one of the features of the DLX.
The 14 standard are stainless. Fear not, there is a solution! Jet-Hot!
182f1c353118f683e3e8874b32401abc.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
e6dc981a4b7f206ab78d80850579046e.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
8879f8a640d3687b5f9854313fc4ac68.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
25eb741faaf5b7cfb45f8703bc9bb5f4.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
88ad8e0e0502b5c772aebcc3e377ce3b.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
f684622812fe24fa324863da1bb1ead5.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Could you tell me exactly how you did this? You can PM me if you’d like. Thanks.

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
c633804f126c2110213b805fa69e923c.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
f81e3f0a68a9230aa42c0dd71057e823.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Could you tell me exactly how you did this? You can PM me if you’d like. Thanks. I used my Multi Max first with a 240 then a 320 grit. Gleaned the dust off an then coated with Cerakote clear.
21bb45ffdeb290ba74ba4ff875beb8d2.jpg
54b6e6296796247f64989a174ea43745.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Hmmmm, I do like the look of the polished valve covers. I'll have to think about that one.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The deluxe had chrome headers. Not sure about the ‘14 standard. The chrome headers was one of the features of the DLX.
The 14 standard are stainless. Fear not, there is a solution! Jet-Hot!
182f1c353118f683e3e8874b32401abc.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
e6dc981a4b7f206ab78d80850579046e.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
8879f8a640d3687b5f9854313fc4ac68.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
25eb741faaf5b7cfb45f8703bc9bb5f4.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
88ad8e0e0502b5c772aebcc3e377ce3b.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
f684622812fe24fa324863da1bb1ead5.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Could you tell me exactly how you did this? You can PM me if you’d like. Thanks.

Is it just me on my phone, or are those cyl fins shiny?
c633804f126c2110213b805fa69e923c.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, one rainy day I polished the edges and then coated with Cerakote.
f81e3f0a68a9230aa42c0dd71057e823.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Could you tell me exactly how you did this? You can PM me if you’d like. Thanks. I used my Multi Max first with a 240 then a 320 grit. Gleaned the dust off an then coated with Cerakote clear.
21bb45ffdeb290ba74ba4ff875beb8d2.jpg
54b6e6296796247f64989a174ea43745.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I *really* like it. Puts the motor more visual into my motor cycle.

That being said- it was a LOT of work to strip the black off and hand brush the finish- yet to buy a new silver valve cover and caps is $$$.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10330&highlight=valve+cover

If you are patient- what I suggest is to load the Ebay app on your phone, and set up a search alert for 'CB1100 cover'. It will notify you when one is listed. I say cover instead of valve because you may get some overseas bloke that calls it a rocker cover instead of a valve cover.

That is a great way to save money. In fact I just bought the passenger peg mounts in silver an hour ago this way for less than 1/2 the cost of new.
 
I'll probably wait until valves need adjust. In the meantime, I'll watch for a deal on polished covers.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
i kept my BMW R1200R and my daughters Suz 1200S pipes golden with mothers chrome polish very easily and they got easier over time.
 
use2b_imp said:
i kept my BMW R1200R and my daughters Suz 1200S pipes golden with mothers chrome polish very easily and they got easier over time.
These look pretty good. The CBs tended top get dark spots that were very time consuming to remove even with Mother's.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top