That’s a seriously beefy tyre. I hope it turns out to be worth the hassle it seems to have been.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
cormanus, I enjoy projects like this.. to most, it is too much work.. to me the results are really rewarding.. other projects I have done, where my friends wonder why I have invested so much time are.. power ports on my handlebars for heated gloves or when converting clip-on handlebars on cbr 1100 blackbird to conventional bars.. my friends envy me this time of year, when on mountain rides, and the temps drop into the 30's and 40's and I am nice and cozy with my heated vest and gloves.. life is good ... chuckk j.Cormanus_imp said:That’s a seriously beefy tyre. I hope it turns out to be worth the hassle it seems to have been.
I was thinking about something like that.. maybe drill a hole and put a short bolt with a large head on it.. then maybe use epoxy .. chuckk j.Houtman_imp said:You can just epoxy glue a 3/8 small piece of metal underneath the legs.
this seems to be a better and wise ideapekingduck_imp said:Or you could slide the fork tubes up in the triple clamps 1/2" or so.



got the shoe lace tying down pretty good..Cormanus_imp said:Well .. if you need help with your shoe laces ... Shoelace Knots – How To Tie Your Shoes![]()
im still experimenting with the center stand and the shinko 777...
PICS FOR CHUCKKChuckk_imp said:well, we are working on plan "A" to solve the problem of the rear tire not clearing the ground completely when on the center stand.. good advise came a bit too late.. I had already started with adding some additional length to the little feet of the center stand.. pics with captions seem to tell the story the best.. hopefully Peter can post some for me.. quite often people only see the success stories.. this attempt may not work out.. in that case, you guys can experience my agony and disappointment without getting your hands dirty.. haha .. Chuckk j.

G.O.... I am not worried about them wearing down, just coming loose, then falling out.. the bottom plate that I drilled and tapped wasn't very thick and not many threads are holding the bolt in place.. I'm hoping the combination of the threads and the epoxy will hold it fast.. another issue that I didn't mention before is, the side stand now allows the bike to lean over just a little bit more.. no problem on flat ground and in most cases when one is on the side of the road, it can actually help a bit.. this would be due to the angle of the road, designed to allow water to run off.. my preference would be the stock angle of the bike while utilizing the side stand.. I have never cared for side stands the allow the bike to lean over a lot.. chuckk j.GoldOxide_imp said:Nice job. I hope you get decent service life. I reckon you just replace them before they wear down too much?
(+1) I also give the tires a good kick about every second ride. I am concerned mostly about a flat that I may have inherited from the last ride. I check pressure after a large temperature change. Otherwise incredibly, my CB tires/rims somehow manage to keep pressure really well.Frulk_imp said:I don't check my tires on every ride. But, I do kick them pretty hard before getting on the bike each day. No, I'm unable to tell the difference between 40 and 42 PSI by kicking them but I would notice if they were down significantly. Improper PSI affects the service life of the tires. Cupping of the front tires being just one issue of note. When I do check the pressure, regardless of what it is I bring them up to specs (think that's 42PSI for the PR3's).