Seems the old forum might be down indefinitely.

Whoops

Been there
Thread starter
[attachment=1016]

It's no secret to those who know me, that I am pretty nostalgic. As that's my nature, I still feel a connection and have kept checking the old forum periodically just to see if by chance anything has changed. Today I get a new kind of error that appears the forum will be stuck in it's current crashed state until Guth performs a repair on the sessions table. Checking the site from several different countries returns the same result. Since Guth is not really around, I would imagine this basically spells the demise of the old forum unless he has a scheduled database maintenance routine that correct the error on it's own. A bit unlikely given the slow decline over the last year or two. A bit sad for those who are nostalgic about the old forum.

:beerchug:  Cheers Guth, thanks for the time we had with the old forum!

:beerchug: Cheers Dave and the new forum you put together in the nick of time to keep us all connected!
 

Attachments

  • down.webp
    down.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 132
Whoops, that error has appeared a couple of times recently, persisted for a day or so and then the old forum has recovered from it. I doubt it's Guth as he hasn't responded to PMs or emails, but who knows?
 
Thread starter
Interesting. Then there must be a periodic maintenance routine that runs then rebuilds/reindexes since from what I could find, it requires intervention to correct. I guess time will tell.
 
It was back up at 23:40 Los Angeles time on 17 January 2026.
 
Down again with the same error when I looked a moment ago.
 
.... and working again.
 
... and down again with an error I've not seen before.
 
I went to see the new error but the site came right up.
 
Made a liar of me. Yes it's working again.
 
Back
Top