Seeing Red

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Force Design air cleaner covers. Ordered from Samurider and received less than 3 days after they were shipped. He doesn't list them on his site, but if it's made in Japan, Takashi can deliver!

These are not cheap at 24,000 yen + 2,000 yen shipping but are incredibly well made and a marked improvement over the OEM parts. Installation is a snap. Pull the seat, unscrew the bolt holding the gas tank and raise the tank less than an inch. This will allow you to remove the clip at top of the cover.

With all this red going on I'm probably going to have to swap out my Puig Plus for a Chic Design Road Comet to complete the look. Dang! Hate when that happens. :D

177cc91e0ca312b69705a9fbd38852fa.jpg
 
Wow, that is a lot of red lol.
 
Something about this glory candy red is that , it's beauty doesn't come through the pics . When I first saw the picture of the cb and when I saw her in person at the store that was the first thing I noticed.. That paint is beautiful seeing in real...
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow, that is a lot of red lol.
I agree! I like it though:thumbsup:
 
Does Samu or Webike have any replacements for the plastic covers on the engine? Like the big sprocket cover shown above.

Of all the parts like that on the bike, those are the ones that bother me the most. The plastic parts are durable and all, but in my mind they really don't fit with all the hardcore metal of the engine. Replacement parts of steel are probably just too expensive to make to be profitable.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Does Samu or Webike have any replacements for the plastic covers on the engine? Like the big sprocket cover shown above.

Of all the parts like that on the bike, those are the ones that bother me the most. The plastic parts are durable and all, but in my mind they really don't fit with all the hardcore metal of the engine. Replacement parts of steel are probably just too expensive to make to be profitable.
Over has a sproket cover which is available at Webike (and at Samurider if you ask him). You can view it here:

OVER Sproket Cover

Click on the second picture to see what it looks like on the bike.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Does Samu or Webike have any replacements for the plastic covers on the engine? Like the big sprocket cover shown above.

Of all the parts like that on the bike, those are the ones that bother me the most. The plastic parts are durable and all, but in my mind they really don't fit with all the hardcore metal of the engine. Replacement parts of steel are probably just too expensive to make to be profitable.
Over has a sproket cover which is available at Webike (and at Samurider if you ask him). You can view it here:

OVER Sproket Cover

Click on the second picture to see what it looks like on the bike.

Over has a sproket cover which is available at Webike (and at Samurider if you ask him). You can view it here:

[url=http://japan.webike.net/products/9726908.html]OVER Sproket Cover

Click on the second picture to see what it looks like on the bike.
Damn I like that! Thanks for the link!
 
Thread starter
Don't buy red side panels AND red air cleaner covers!

The bike will demand a matching red cowl!

My wife's gonna kill me!

Before Picture (after picture in a few weeks):

67a23720840792b81cf426ff21bcc387.jpg
 
Lol... Honestly honey, thats the same shield I had on here a few weeks ago...remember?
 
CB4Me,

How do the Air Cleaner Cover clips work? I know they pop out, but how do you do this?

Gersh
Ugh - Nevermind.... It turns with a Phillips head....

Gersh
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol... Honestly honey, thats the same shield I had on here a few weeks ago...remember?
Or....I got this when I first bought the bike.....it was on back order from Japan, finally came in.
 
Back
Top