Seat replacement

walk87_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Looking for a seat replacement for cb. I have read corbin, laam and russell. Looking for the best option for two riders on the bike. Any feedback is welcome on the best option.
 
I bought the K&H High seat from Samurider and it is more comfortable than the stock seat, and gives my long legs a bit more room.
 
1) decide how important a new seat is to you in order to:

2) come up with a budget for the new seat.

3) blow the budget and wait 5 weeks for a fabulous K&H seat. (I have 2). :)
 
My $.02:
1. Corbin: Stylish, hard as a church pew, too short, easily detachable passenger backrest is very handy.
2. Laam: Looks amazing, taller than stock, more leg room, 100% custom, very fairly priced, have heard/red excellent reviews regarding Laam's customer service.
3. Russell: Pure bliss and nirvana for your butt, too ugly to be put on a CB, pricey, 100% custom made for you. If money were no object, I'd buy this for trips and keep the stock saddle for around town.
4. K&H: Looks awesome! Fits style of CB beautifully, But $600+ for a off the rack, non-custom saddle? No thanks...

Also, I have borrowed a Air Hawk R from a friend and it seems to help considerably, however, still leaning towards a Laam.
 
I installed the Corbin this week, since it's not my first experience with the company I knew what I was getting into. I disagree about the firmness, personally I think it's as plush as a tree stump.
My riding buddy bought one several years back for his then bike and ended up giving it away - way too tough for him.

Try before you buy, everyone's butt is different. That's a lot of money to speculate with.
 
I went and sat on a CB1100 with a Corbin that was for sale locally and found the shape was very wrong for my posterior. I like a broad, flat surface and the Corbin's bucket shape didn't suit me. I had a Corbin on my KLR650 and my FJR1300 and loved them both. Try before you buy can be difficult. I got lucky with a used bike that popped up at a dealer I was able to check out. These types of discussions are difficult to get anything but subjective opinion, but sometimes that's all you got go work with.
 
Does anybody have any photos of the corbin backrest & how it goes on the seat? Just picked up a Corbin off eBay & was looking to get one for it but wasn't sure which kind to order.
 
Back
Top