jsinher3_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Has any one had problems with theirs? Mines does not seem to be working. I pull down the latch and there's no kind of tension on it.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
the seat is not releasing. i couldnt really mess with it because i was in a rush to get to work on time (that didnt happen though :dodgyThe ferret_imp said:Can you remove the seat or is it not releasing? It is cable operated. Wonder if the cable end pulled out or off?
See post 4 for pics
2013 seat brackets
. before today the lever had a spring back action to it when you pulled it but today it didnt. i think you are right, now i got to figure out a way to access it when i get back home.wait so is the seat suppose to just pop up when you pull the lever lol? since i got the bike that's the way i would take the seat off.Blockhead_imp said:Mine can be tricky too. Has its good days and bad days for some reason. I have to pull the lever with my left hand while working the rear of the seat back and forth with my right....(geez that sounded like something dirty when I read it back!)
no i could not take the seat offRboe_imp said:Does it work? Can you get the seat off and on? If so, maybe you just need some lube on the mechanism.
No. It just releases it and you have to pull it up in order for it to come off.jsinher3_imp said:wait so is the seat suppose to just pop up when you pull the lever lol? since i got the bike that's the way i would take the seat off.Blockhead_imp said:Mine can be tricky too. Has its good days and bad days for some reason. I have to pull the lever with my left hand while working the rear of the seat back and forth with my right....(geez that sounded like something dirty when I read it back!)
no i could not take the seat offRboe_imp said:Does it work? Can you get the seat off and on? If so, maybe you just need some lube on the mechanism.
thanks, you were right about the seat being so flimsy, i was able to pop it out to where i could reach the latch cable to release the seatReacherCB1100_imp said:I had this problem the day after I got my CB home. The mechanism releases a latch via cable at the back of the seat. Since the stock seat is somewhat flexible, I was able to bend it enough in the middle to release the front from the tank as well as the hooks around the center of the seat. I reached in and manually pulled the cable with my hand and it released the seat. It seems the cable got jammed or something, so I had to play with it a little bit until it started operating properly using the the latch on the helmet lock. No problems since. Hope this helps.
lol nope i know what i was pulling down onPapa Weeley_imp said:Not to play Captain Obvious here, but you are pulling down on the lever behind the keyhole, and not the helmet lock below the keyhole, right?
(I only ask, because I've only removed my seat a couple of times since I've owned it, and I've mistakenly grabbed at the wrong tab myself... :blush: )
wait i dont get it you push down on the seat then pull the release lever?Houtman_imp said:I always release my Corbin seats by giving them a 'thump down" with my right hand fist on the back of the seat near the catch.
Works every time and very easy.
definitely, i think they should have moved the helmet lock somewhere else and also made the seat more like hoods are where when you pull the latch the hood pops openStealth128_imp said:Yeap this is the thing I hate most about this bike. Poor seat release.
well using your pic as a referenceThe ferret_imp said:So what is the diagnosis?
i think it could be a nit of both. i have a u-lock i put in there so i might have pushed it out maybeee... but i also think they could have come up with something like this:The ferret_imp said:Ahhh gotcha. Weak point in the system you think? Or just a hiccup with yours?