Seat lock stuck problem

Hey to be honest there have been times when no amount of downward force would get mine to budge. I found a good downward hit on the rear of the seat allowed it to open

Honestly it is a POS system and that tab is darn small.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
tab is behind helmet lock. that triangle shaped tab does not move. the release is behind where it is hidden from view. I think they are still mad about the two bombs, and this is getting us back.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Hey to be honest there have been times when no amount of downward force would get mine to budge. I found a good downward hit on the rear of the seat allowed it to open

Honestly it is a POS system and that tab is darn small.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Take your seat off, put a washer or two in between the seat base and the U bracket. that should free up the latch hanging. This action loosens the seat a tad, enabling the catch mechanism to release better. I also use a liberal amount of wax on the U bracket which also seems to help.
 
I guess if you don't take it off very frequently you could forget. I take mine off almost every time I ride for some reason or another.
 
Dsinned, don't feel bad. You've provided many of us with hours of truly harmless entertainment.

I'm kinda disappointed you figured it. I was about to suggest you get another CB1100 owner to have a try.

Anyway, stop stresssing and get well. :beerchug:
 
Glad you figured it out Dsinned! I have to agree with Cormanus, it was entertaining! :)
 
I too have been following this saga, and for the life of me, I couldn't see why he was having such a problem.
But as Cormanus said, it was harmless entertainment, and I'm glad the mystery was solved. The "solution" made me smile.
As I was taking possession of my CB I asked how to take the seat off. Nobody knew until the mechanic who serviced the bike was found and knew the method.
We've all done many dumb things in our lives so don't feel bad one little bit.
In another post a battery was run nearly dead because the kill switch was engaged.
I've done that :D
 
The seat release is a bit weird on the CB1100, not just a key-turn like almost every other bike ever made. But...the owner's manual being UNDER THE SEAT was not accessible. However, it could be downloaded.

Where I failed to be helpful is in assuming the OP already knew the procedure and had removed his seat in the past, and so was familiar with the procedure.

It is interesting this thread went on so long. How many CB1100 owners does it take to get a seat off? lol
 
Wolf, like I said, this was turning into an RLET thread. Or an oil thread. Or an ABS thread :P
 
dsinned' pid='156053' dateline='1479949881 said:
... My only excuse for my stupidity is that I have been taking a bunch of meds and just completed two months of intensive radiation therapy to treat my Cancer, which together must have whacked out my mind and prevented me from being able to THINK CLEARLY. ...
I think you get a pass...continued wishes for full recovery!
 
pdedse_imp said:
dsinned' pid='156053' dateline='1479949881 said:
... My only excuse for my stupidity is that I have been taking a bunch of meds and just completed two months of intensive radiation therapy to treat my Cancer, which together must have whacked out my mind and prevented me from being able to THINK CLEARLY. ...
I think you get a pass...continued wishes for full recovery!
I second that motion 100% :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
OK, in attempt to defray or dilute feelings of dumbness I gotta admit that the other day when mine didn't turn over I almost put a new battery in, having recently read of some battery problems here. Kill switch. Happy Thanksgiving.

Ben
 
I don't understand why Honda used a push-pin to secure the tool tray, instead of another JIS screw. I can never get the push-pin to stay seated. I know, it's a First World problem.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I don't understand why Honda used a push-pin to secure the tool tray, instead of another JIS screw. I can never get the push-pin to stay seated. I know, it's a First World problem.
This is from the manual.
 
I just spent an hour trying to get that stupid seat off. Honda should have came up with a better latching mechanism because I nearly had to rip it off because latch wouldn’t open far enough
 
Honda_Fan_imp said:
I just spent an hour trying to get that stupid seat off. Honda should have came up with a better latching mechanism because I nearly had to rip it off because latch wouldn’t open far enough
I usually wonder, "Wow, that came off too easy" :dodgy: - every time. Startling, but the seat is on snugly when locked.
 
I lost the little push pin thingy a long time ago. I just use the one screw. Works fine. The tray’s not going anywhere.
 
Back
Top