Scottish Tour

How long do you expect to be at Glencoe, John? For purely selfish reasons, I hope you get plenty of sun in coming weeks.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus - Staying in Glencoe for two weeks from 6 Aug - if you want sunshine, stay in England or Wales.
John
 
I'm committed to Pitlochry or thereabouts rain, hail or shine!
 
Thread starter
What a surprise to get a visit from 'Wisedrum' who is also touring Scotland - a late night followed - note the 1" front brake lever which he broke in a fall.
 
Excellent. You OK Wisedrum? Hope the fall wasn't too bad.
 
That is gorgeous

Wow, I see Wisedrum has managed to hold onto most of his hair. Lucky dog.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That is gorgeous

Wow, I see Wisedrum has managed to hold onto most of his hair. Lucky dog.
The downfall wasn't that bad. Just out of 5km/h the CB likes to take a rest on the right side in a corner up a hill. Uups! A real joy was to meet John and Carole in Glencoe luckily quiet by chance. I'll write some more when I'm back home in Germany inclusive my pics. Always rarely an internet connection. Greetings to all

Wisedrum
 
Scotland is glorious. Glad you're OK, Wisedrum.
 
WK57ABF_imp said:
What a surprise to get a visit from 'Wisedrum' who is also touring Scotland - a late night followed - note the 1" front brake lever which he broke in a fall.
RLETs could have avoided that. :cool:

@Wisedrum: Glad to see you ok. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Still raining in Glencoe - doom and gloom for sure - the sun appeared briefly a couple of days ago so got a ride out on some back roads - move to a new campground this Sunday.
John
 
Where to in Sunday, John? The weather is pretty miserable.
 
Thread starter
Hi Cormanus - from Sunday we are booked into a campground for three weeks in the village of Kinlochewe at the head of Loch Maree - a great base for cruising Applecross, Glen Torridon and a lot of coastal back roads - but i fear that the Summer is over here in the UK, so hoping for the occasional fine day!!!

Cheers John.
 
I was hoping to catch up for a beer, but we're a bit far away and getting further. Maybe next time. Hop the weather improves for both our sakes!
 


As John wrote, we met quite by chance in Scotland/ Glencoe in August 2017. Although we posted a bit right before I started the tour and I kept the idea of a meeting in mind, we did not organize it, because Scotland seems to be somehow an underdeveloped country for the internet. Nevertheless the meeting was in its way organized by someone else....:P

I was enjoyed to stay with you and your wife Carole, to her I send greetings. After leaving Scotland the Lake Destrict was a lovely place to go. Kind of a large paradise garden, especially for motorbikers with its twisty and curvy countryroads. Wales in the Snowdonia Mountains reminded me a bit of landscapes of the West Coast in Scotland, but has no mijis. The unprecitable rain on the whole trip was not easy to take. The honda did well in it. The more I was happy about some sunny days, not so many anyway.
My stay in the UK lasted 3 weeks always camping.
I bring home the pictures of very beautiful sceneries and the experience
to have met some very friendly and open people, which made me not feel like a stranger in a foreign land. And not to forget, everyone who saw the CB was enlighted by her.

John and Carole, I wish you luck by the choice of your campsite, more sunny and warm days and don' t forget to buy yourself a grip throttle, a hand tempomat, you know what I mean.

Wisedrum
 
Love that black/w silver motor wheels combo.

WK57ABF Photo on right is very cool
 
That Black and Silver is assume and reminds me of the good old days of early CB's .
totally love seeing all the photo's from members :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Wisedrum - you will recognise this pull in on the back road around the Applecross Peninsular at Shieldaig - but you may have missed this lichen covered stone by the roadside that caught my eye.
 
You're right, I didn't saw that special stone, very beautiful.
Applecross was the place where I transformed my break lever into a very short one, I will certainly not forget it. But not only because of that downfall, there was a lovely french lady at the imbiss cooking me some pommes frites and we had a nice conversation being surrounded by rain....

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top