TCBronson_imp
Running like a top
Thanks Timpo!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Rolls_imp said:Wait, my dates were wrong. That not 3 new bikes in 3 months; it's 3 in *one* month! You've shattered the awesomeness meter!! :worship::worship::worship:
Anyway, don't be a stranger. First, I've always enjoyed your posts. While occasionally incendiary, they're always insightful and informed by years of relevant experience. Second, as far as your new rides, I really like each of your choices, and I'd guess others do, too.
Please keep us posted on how things go as you enjoy your updated fleet. And don't let that age thing bug you. You may be 60, but remember, that's only about 48 Canadian.
Be well and enjoy! :beerchug:

I couldn't afford anything in the seventies!Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.
OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Ulvetanna_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Rolls_imp said:Wait, my dates were wrong. That not 3 new bikes in 3 months; it's 3 in *one* month! You've shattered the awesomeness meter!! :worship::worship::worship:
Anyway, don't be a stranger. First, I've always enjoyed your posts. While occasionally incendiary, they're always insightful and informed by years of relevant experience. Second, as far as your new rides, I really like each of your choices, and I'd guess others do, too.
Please keep us posted on how things go as you enjoy your updated fleet. And don't let that age thing bug you. You may be 60, but remember, that's only about 48 Canadian.
Be well and enjoy! :beerchug:
I couldn't afford anything in the seventies!Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.
OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Cormanus_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Ulvetanna_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Rolls_imp said:Wait, my dates were wrong. That not 3 new bikes in 3 months; it's 3 in *one* month! You've shattered the awesomeness meter!! :worship::worship::worship:
Anyway, don't be a stranger. First, I've always enjoyed your posts. While occasionally incendiary, they're always insightful and informed by years of relevant experience. Second, as far as your new rides, I really like each of your choices, and I'd guess others do, too.
Please keep us posted on how things go as you enjoy your updated fleet. And don't let that age thing bug you. You may be 60, but remember, that's only about 48 Canadian.
Be well and enjoy! :beerchug:
I couldn't afford anything in the seventies!Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.![]()
Mate, if I got the joke, I'd happily tell you.
Here's a really sweet article on that bike in English.Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.
Django, I had a good friend who rode one of these in the late 70s well into the eighties. Not quite as smooth or refined as the CBs of '79 and later, but dead nuts reliable and charming in its own way. Would be great to ride one today. Good stuff.Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.
OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Ulvetanna_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Cormanus_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Ulvetanna_imp said:OK, I have to admit that is funny. What's it in AU, I wonder?Rolls_imp said:Wait, my dates were wrong. That not 3 new bikes in 3 months; it's 3 in *one* month! You've shattered the awesomeness meter!! :worship::worship::worship:
Anyway, don't be a stranger. First, I've always enjoyed your posts. While occasionally incendiary, they're always insightful and informed by years of relevant experience. Second, as far as your new rides, I really like each of your choices, and I'd guess others do, too.
Please keep us posted on how things go as you enjoy your updated fleet. And don't let that age thing bug you. You may be 60, but remember, that's only about 48 Canadian.
Be well and enjoy! :beerchug:
I couldn't afford anything in the seventies!Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.![]()
Mate, if I got the joke, I'd happily tell you.![]()
Mate, if I got the joke, I'd happily tell you. You mean you don't have a Hot Tub Time Machine that transmutes Canadian years to "Years AU?"
Here's a really sweet article on that bike in English.Django_imp said:I would have liked to own this Z650: Kawasaki Z 650 – Variantenreiche Verstärkung
Couldn't afford it in the seventies.
The specs on that bike are really great. If Honda'd made an equivalent in an inline four package I'd still own it. Under 470 pounds, about 65 HP. I'd take a disc brake in the rear and maybe twin disks up front. Funny but those specs are very similar to the Triumph Street Cup and even closer to the new Z650. KHI is saying about 65 HP, but it comes in at 410 pounds wet with ABS. Come on Honda, in three years I'll be ready, I hope, to trade in something else. Make a 750 with these specs, air-cooled, retro-look, affordable (to keep it in production) and Triumph will have some real competition.
Kawasaki Z650 B1 Specifications
Engine – Air cooled 4 stroke DOHC inline four
Capacity – 652cc
Bore/stroke – 62mm x 54mm
Power – 64bhp @ 8500rpm
Torque – 41 ft-lbs @ 7000rpm
Carburetion – 4 x Mikuni VM24SS
Transmission – 5-speed wet clutch chain final drive
Frame – steel twin loop cradle
Suspension – 36mm telescopic forks. Twin shock rear
Brakes – 275 mm disc single piston floating caliper. 180 mm single leading shoe drum
Wheels – 3.25 x 19, 4.00 x 18
Weight – 211kgs
Top speed – 125mph
Wheelbase – 1420mm
Fuel capacity – 16.8ltrs
Weight and weight distribution is definitely a huge consideration as I get older. I don't have any issues with my CB, not like the RT. The RT, at nearly the same weight, is a beast in comparison.I like it, the best I've ever ridden. But below 10 mph it's a beast for me. Don't care for the small front wheel at a stand still or slow speeds. I didn't get to spend much time on it this season, this move is really cutting into my riding time. When I did have time the CB was my go-to ride. I'll get used to the RT in time.....or notDAC_imp said:Hey Chapomis, you no likee RT?

I think I have made that statement a time or twocurlyjoe_imp said:The RT is a big bike but only weighs in at 600 lbs. The ST is 730 lbs and the CB is about 540 lbs. How does BMW keep the weight down?
My CB feels very light and nimble after a days ride on my ST, lol.

How's your recovery progressing? Getting ready to pick out a new 2017 EX model yet?CB4ME_imp said:Ulvetanna,
I hope you stick around on this forum. I've really enjoyed your posts.