San Diego to East coast

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
Finally left San Diego on wed 6/6 and made it to Beaver UT day 1. Day 2 made it to Denver. Day 3 recuperation. Day 4 headed to Kansas somewhere on the I-70. Took some SENA can video but not sure if this forum supports vid. Utah pics here.
098a43c311c4ee0ff955ee76d0fe18de.jpg
9858d32f3e89c92b3bc0cca0a36cbca3.jpg
cbf84b189efee94939dcb5900b4592b6.jpg
f2000daf900700e6cea4360da228eef2.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics from Colorado.
3e965ed9b8d717b1b3e934c6af1d4666.jpg
4124ea5430a1c5bc1727dc23549fd633.jpg
e0474b7db33b47a9f5cd3e1e808ea9e2.jpg
8304d0090ba096dcf885158a7114cc8c.jpg
518b6c7f0d4a20ba6de4bc7075d16be0.jpg

Met this Harley guy at gas station. He’s older than me and is going from Los Angeles to Oklahoma with a small back pack for luggage.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I love long trip reports and photos. You're moving along quite quickly, do stop to smell the wheat in Kansas!
 
Others have posted video here, but I don’t know how to do it. Cormanus can tell you.

Can you go back to Golden and get me some gold? Please :)
 
Inserting links for video or anything else in your post.

just doubleclick on the adressbar in your browser on the page you want to link ( point to ) so it highlights it, rightclick and then leftclick on the dropdown list "copy " .

go to the reply message at the bottom of the forum page as usual, select " preview post ", go to the white background ( lower ) window that you usually type into and rightclick on the cursor, select " paste " from the dropdown menu and the link appears on the page like this;.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12787&pid=208198#pid208198

click on "preview post " again to check if the link works.

pretty much copy and paste in more detail.
 
[attachment=8188]I had to run out to the garage and make sure my bike was still there...
215 to the 15 thru Vegas and St. George then Beaver....that’s a long day for sure!
 
great pictures BF and i have never seen rocks like that in a desert. or what looks like scattered snow on mountains this time of year.
that HD would take a parking lot to turn around and in the 60's many didn't even have front brakes :(
 
Viper, great shots. If you're still in Denver tonight or tomorrow (Saturday or Sunday) and need a place to flop, I've got you covered. I'm fifteen minutes up the hill from Golden. PM me if you're interested.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to LongRanger for offer but I stayed there with a old friend of mine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Days 4 to 7, went thru Topeka, Kansas City, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and now in Michigan. Had to detour off I-70 and go north to avoid thunderstorms. Will hang at friends in Detroit for a day then hopefully drop down to Maryland via Ohio and Pennsylvania. Kansas pics: Hmmm can’t attach at moment for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
bflint_imp said:
Thanks to LongRanger for offer but I stayed there with a old friend of mine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Days 4 to 7, went thru Topeka, Kansas City, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and now in Michigan. Had to detour off I-70 and go north to avoid thunderstorms. Will hang at friends in Detroit for a day then hopefully drop down to Maryland via Ohio and Pennsylvania. Kansas pics: Hmmm can’t attach at moment for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even older than LongRanger?? That's surprising. ;)
 
Thread starter
Not sure why but Tapatalk interface won’t let me post anymore pics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
bflint_imp said:
Not sure why but Tapatalk interface won’t let me post anymore pics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The "Done" button is in a dark color (used to be yellow or white) on my phone. I have to randomly poke the lower right corner of my iphone in order to get the link to past into my Tapatalk post.

Not sure if this is the same problem you have, but I thought I'd toss it out there.
This is a screenshot of what I see in Tapatalk when I try to add a picture, only I had to edit the screenshot to add more light so you could see “done”

ad825e628ef8ac1b9dc7ce92920464c1.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh...and by lightening the photo, it kind of made this pic of my wife look terrible...so in an effort not to leave that impression.....

95dd3458e4569ff02f3133cec9196833.jpg
 
Thread starter
Pics from Kansas
03acefa4aba74f2d25391ab7be43ca24.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics from Missouri
c8af6abebcdd8dd48b5459698818e124.jpg
9f5de719176e46fc6aa000802781795b.jpg
33ad960ec051adeef9e25f10f320d37b.jpg
a5c9db3c93eb05940141f3a08b554663.jpg
784f004d35903f2208a1750fefdcacf1.jpg
3a578e4bb68bde0ffed431d62f526c0a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics from Michigan
Once worked here (Lansing Oldsmobile headquarters)
6ab146faea24b4673b92cfb2a557f476.jpg
30f7a54d1fa189aaf9488509998d57ad.jpg
233004832cb7ddbd573d9006c9ae3eb2.jpg
Michigan bumpy cake , famous local cake kinda like a Hostess HoHo
83c3b30e03d8a58407f028300973d9bb.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EmptySea solved my problem. I just pressed on the gray bar area to select pics.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Rode thru Ohio and Pennsylvania on Thursday and Friday; made it to Maryland Friday. Everything is lush and green. Almost ran out of gas on Penn turnpike... was flashing empty for 20 miles after est miles remaining went to zero. Now know max range for me is 225 miles. Pic of gas pump after filling empty tank:

Pics from Pennsylvania:
c1c5e58f8f26c5f9ae13179e6b26c7a4.jpg
5b8ba0a480d9d0ce8bb2c09873e0b25e.jpg

Pic from east coast ( Chesapeake bay ) .... made it !
5e3da7380dc93bd68a0779e686625c9b.png
42d0897ce1374127a27c928c468ced72.png

69190e367e514cee5b2e2b900fba1591.jpg
091c71feb162e4e4c9928a937d171550.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top